You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Axl Rose - USA Today interviews

Sky Dog wrote:

agree..he is all over the board. Again, they all are. It's a bad divorce and both sides have heavily bias agendas.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

two proud guys who each believe they were wronged and each believe they are right. its a damn shame. wasted years that will never be. i really felt that even in 93 axl was peaking. saw them on the skin n bones tour in iowa in 93 and damn the vocals were like razors. agree with some of the posts about the over importance of axl's ballads. you know tho.....each original member had so much to offer in so many different ways. no doubt when steven left, the swing of the band changed. izzy mentioned this and i agree. losing izzy was a killer for many reasons but the biggest would be the bridge he may have been between axl and slash not to mention the incredible songwriting. slash is and was iconic. i dont know what else to say. i dont know why we beat ourselves up trying to dissect everything. its been so long. its very sad. i still think il see them on stage together again.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
rose22 wrote:

two proud guys who each believe they were wronged and each believe they are right. its a damn shame. wasted years that will never be. i really felt that even in 93 axl was peaking. saw them on the skin n bones tour in iowa in 93 and damn the vocals were like razors. agree with some of the posts about the over importance of axl's ballads. you know tho.....each original member had so much to offer in so many different ways. no doubt when steven left, the swing of the band changed. izzy mentioned this and i agree. losing izzy was a killer for many reasons but the biggest would be the bridge he may have been between axl and slash not to mention the incredible songwriting. slash is and was iconic. i dont know what else to say. i dont know why we beat ourselves up trying to dissect everything. its been so long. its very sad. i still think il see them on stage together again.

Yeah he sounded killer at this show

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

As for Axl's receiving a "barrage of guitar songs that I was supposed to put words to"

Guns were always a guitar-based rock band, (even on the piano ballads), so why did Axl start to think that wasn't the case...? 10

What a nut job.... 14

16 No kidding. The guy sings in a hard rock band with one fo the best guitar players in the world(ever) and he's complaining about recieving a "barage of guitar songs" Like......... That'd be like opening a pasta restaurant with a buddy and then when he brings new pasta ideas to add to the menu you complain that it's too much pasta.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

monkey, do you think CD was worth having Slash out of the band & all the turmoil of the last 15yrs?

Not sure exactly what you're asking.

I look at it like this:

GNR was the greatest band of it's time, and one of the all time greats, because all 5 guys were great - but especially because Axl and Slash are both "once in a generation" people in their respective fields - so putting them together was lightening in a bottle.

Since they've stopped working together, they've happened to separately come up with some of my favourite works of all time, some of the CD songs are amongst my favourite tracks, and I also have a huge love of some of Slash's solo work.

So in a way having slash out of the band gave us great music like Chinese, VR, Snakepit 1+2, Slash 2010, Apocalyptic Love, all the guest spots and so on. That said - because I'm a nerd for that "lightening in a bottle" sound - I also think you could maybe take my favourite Slash songs, and my favourite  chinese songs and I'd probably like them even more than I already do - if the other guy also played on them.

Sky Dog wrote:

there are definitely songs on chinese that I wish Slash was on guitar...quite a few actually.

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

As for Axl's receiving a "barrage of guitar songs that I was supposed to put words to"

Guns were always a guitar-based rock band, (even on the piano ballads), so why did Axl start to think that wasn't the case...? 10

What a nut job.... 14

16 No kidding. The guy sings in a hard rock band with one fo the best guitar players in the world(ever) and he's complaining about recieving a "barage of guitar songs" Like......... That'd be like opening a pasta restaurant with a buddy and then when he brings new pasta ideas to add to the menu you complain that it's too much pasta.

just saw this.....very true. 14

Board footer