You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: A better response to Better

Bono wrote:

So I was hired to dj in this sleazy little pub last weekend. Really nice for a change to be honest. I knew I was gonna get to play alot of rock instead of the typical club music I normally play. I knew this would be a  perfect opportunity to test Better on possibly a  more Gn'R freindly crowd.  I figured this out about ten minutes into my night when I played My Michelle and then had it confirmed about an hour later when I played You're Crazy(Lies version) and saw many people singing along to it. I thought cool and decided right there to give Better a shot. I set the mood with Megadeath's Symphony of Destruction and then     Better took center stage to a surprisingly good reaction. It almost made me wonder if people had heard it before casue yes there were peple dancing to it. Alot. haha. I was legitimately surprised.  It wasn't a danceing crowd really so it was few and far between songs where people did dance but Better was one of them. I didnt' introduce the song or say who it was I simply played it and it got a great reaction. 

So what have we learned? Better in a  club gets a very lack luster reaction. Better in a  scuzzy pub gets a very positive reaction. Shocking? Probably not 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I once played Catcher in The Rye on a local College radio station and my co-hostess was surprised that this could be Guns N Roses. I quote her; "it actually sounds good!"

To be honest, I really never thought Better would ever do good in a club geared more towards danice to pop/disco/dance music.  Better being played in a club geared more towards rock music then I can totally see this having a good response.

When I was clubbing, I usually went to rock clubs over dance clubs and we danced to alot of rock music that I am sure wouldn't go over in a club that would play more pop, disco dance music.

I remember going to a club called Malibu and it had 2 sides, what we called a DRE side which at that time was a radio station that played new wave music and a disco side.  It was a huge club.   I was always on the DRE side because I knew they would play more music I liked, they even threw in Rob Zombie music it was awesome, I couldn't ever see that going over on the disco side.

It really all depends what kind of club you play the music in to get a fair response.   Ofcourse there are some rock songs that will go over at a dance club but Better is not going to be one of them.

Board footer