You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 11-07-2012 - The Joint, Las Vegas, NV

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Also, that last sentence made me want to give you karma immediately 16 you gotta turn that back on man!

Lol, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Riad wrote:
Bono wrote:

TWAT is the most overrated song ever by Gn'R fans and the solo is the most overrated solo by any group of fans ever as well.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and by that same standard everyone is entitled to dismiss the opinion of any U2 fan out of hand.

Pathetic

buzzsaw wrote:
Bono wrote:

TWAT is the most overrated song ever by Gn'R fans and the solo is the most overrated solo by any group of fans ever as well.

That's an interesting opinion.  I'd say U2 is the most overrated band ever, but I certainly wouldn't go to a U2 website to do it.

idiotic comment considering I've been posting here for years so to suggest I just come to a Gn'R page to troll is just stupid.  Nice try. And even more pathetic coming from you to suggest that unless my opinion glorifies something I should STFU.

ottosporteman wrote:

I'm not a big fan of ISE and I'm just posting this to mention that we're all different and entitled to our opinion or taste.

To imply that something liked by someone is overrated just because you don't like it is lame and pitiful.

haha no what's pitiful is not being able to accept that someone is of the opinion that something is overrated. have you never suggested something that is liked by others is in fact overrated in your opinion. Oh snap. Thanks for coming out.

RussTCB wrote:

It just kills me that so many people fail to understand that there are others out there who have *gasp* a differing opinion from theirs.

What kills me Russ is your sensitivity that I don't share your opinion and when I express that you're shocked because what? I don't get you have a different opinion? seems to me your'e the whiner who can't handle a different opinion. Wonder what your reaction would've been had I said TWAT is epic and I love every bit of it. Sorry Russ I don't feel that way. Deal with it.

misterID wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

I'm not a big fan of ISE and I'm just posting this to mention that we're all different and entitled to our opinion or taste.

To imply that something liked by someone is overrated just because you don't like it is lame and pitiful.

ISE is PERFECT!!! If you don't think so you're fucked in the head!!!! !!! It's a fact!!! Because I say so!!! Arrrrgghhhh! **HULK SMASH!**

(sarcasm) 16

ID you're still a  joke.

All these replies by you guys are fucking pathetic. Seems unless you tow the party line you're a troll, unaccepting of other's opinions and just an overall bad guy. All I said was I don't like TWAT and I think the song and solo are overrated. had no idea it would cause such a  sensitive reaction to you whiners. seriously the following two quotes are what cause you clowns to have such a meltdown.

Bono wrote:

I really don't get the fascination with TWAT. It's just not that good of a song in my opinion. To be honest I think it sounds like a mess live and on the album.  neutral

Bono wrote:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I can honestly say that whatever Bono is feeling about TWAT in negative terms, tripple that when it comes to my feelings for U2.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I kinda love divided arguments over GNR's music, mostly because GN'R always had so many diverse tracks, that some people dig some songs and hate others, and vice-versa.

- TWAT to me, starts strong with the choir (minus the silly bird-like synth noises), then goes into a piano riff that wouldn't sound out of place on a NIN album. Then it's followed by a string of cool single note guitar melodies, while Axl sings melancholy tales about another girl who did him wrong, but she seems to continue making bad choices, and lowering herself further into her own slump as well. All this, while Axl thinks of better times together with her.

- Axl's verse vocal delivery sounds like vintage Axl, continuing on in the vain of Estranged and alike.

- I love when Bucket's shreddy solo comes in at 0.54, followed by the whole band kicking in with huge power chords...!

- Then it's back to another soft verse, followed by one of Robin's most emotive solos on the whole album. It's simplicity suits the melancholy vibe of the song so well.

- Then the "there was a time, didn't wanna know it all" part, reminds me so much of "don't you think that you need somebody" part of November Rain, again getting into kinda vintage GN'R sounds, well UYI-vintage anyway.

- Then there's another short Bucket solo, followed by the awesome "I would do anything for you!" scream by Axl, some of the best vocals Axl has ever recorded.

- Then it goes into another big-ass guitar solo outro, not that dissimilar to the big-ass guitar solo outro of November Rain. And Bucket's playing, while not the best guitar ever recorded, it's certainly some of the best guitar playing to be paired with Axl, and surely you cant deny that!

So...... even if you don't rate the song, surely from all the points I've listed above, you can see why Guns fans would rate it so highly.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Instead of giving you a bunch more warnings about your insults, I'm just skipping right all of that this time. You can take a time out for a few days to figure out how to deal with a difference of opinion without insulting everyone.

I post this:

Bono wrote:

I really don't get the fascination with TWAT. It's just not that good of a song in my opinion. To be honest I think it sounds like a mess live and on the album.  neutral

Bono wrote:

And get called lame and pitiful, told my opinion should be dismissed because I like U2, labelled a troll, mocked by ID who is so fantastic at "subtle" insults and  then there's you who can't comprehend that a different opinion doesn't mean it's unaccepting of your opinion. Yet you think I'm the one with a problem accepting other's opinions?  Yeah.... ok dude.   Whatever helps ya sleep at night

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Although I didn't agree with Bono on TWAT, since it's one of the few songs on that album I still listen sometimes, I was surprised that after his (civil) comment a bash-fest started. In the end he was the only one who got a warning. Strange.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

For the record, I didn't call you a troll Bono.  You seem overly sensitive to that for some reason.  If I wanted to call you a troll, I'd call you a troll...I've never been one to shy away from an opinion.  And I certainly didn't tell you to shut up or only have something nice to say.  What you did is post an opinion that what is pretty much regarded as the best CD song is overrated on a GnR board.  If someone went to a U2 board and said (insert whatever U2 song people like) sucked, you would probably get a much worse response than what you got here.  That's all I was saying.

I'm not sure what your problem is anymore.  I used to understand you for the most part and even support you, but you've gotten to the point that you're turning yourself into what you're trying to fight being labeled as.  You can do what you want, but taking a step back for a bit might be a good idea...change up your perspective a little bit.

Board footer