You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Zakk Wylde jammed with Slash

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, interesting jam... And like many have already said, Zakk's uninspired noodling here doesn't do much for me either.

I think I would have preferred them to play an actual song together, rather than this, as Zakk's shredding doesn't translate in a blues jam. And I think seeing this, you can see how Slash and Zakk together in GNR probably wouldn't have worked too well.

Still, it's pretty cool to see two icon rock guitarists share the stage. 3 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You are harsh men. I'd like to be able to shred that hard! I thought maybe he was laying it out a little to contrast with slash's style...as you don't want to get into legato and blues bend contests with slasher....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

The complete jam.

http://youtu.be/4s5SYjBoph0

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Crowd gets into it 9

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

This was my biggest BH complaint about his time in GnR as well.  I love what he did on TWaT, but man, when he went overboard on the old stuff, it just sounded like crap.  His solo stuff is awesome for the most part, but he was pretty much wasted in GnR and when he did use his talents on the old stuff, it didn't fit the song.

Sky Dog wrote:

cool to hear Only Women Bleed.....great tune. I have to say though...the fuckin top hat needs to go for a little while...take a break. And that goes for Axl and his Fedora as well. I won't even step in to the Slashba/DJ Sixx shit...

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

I think slash wears the top hat these day coz he's a little light on top

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Him and Axl both seem to be liking their hats these days.

Board footer