You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

RussTCB wrote:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Seriously???? FUCK YEAH....love to see that.

Wonder how this relates (if at all) to the decision to pull the recent theatrical release.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Really hope so.

I know I was negative about the theatre pull but it's just because it seemed so great to finally see a pro-shot professional release of the chinese songs and new band stuff happening.

I always say this but I wish there was stuff around from the asian 09 tour. Lots of chinese in the set list. Axl was using a lot of rasp - and featured the current line up. The boots I saw that were fan shot seemed great.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

Really hope so.

I know I was negative about the theatre pull but it's just because it seemed so great to finally see a pro-shot professional release of the chinese songs and new band stuff happening.

I always say this but I wish there was stuff around from the asian 09 tour. Lots of chinese in the set list. Axl was using a lot of rasp - and featured the current line up. The boots I saw that were fan shot seemed great.

Yeah I loved those Asian boots that were on Youtube. The band were on fire and a great way to introduce dj into the band. As for the news that was posted, I'm excited. Hopefully what they said is true cause that would be great for me since I won't be able to attend the residency. This and the shirt will give me the experience I need! big_smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

They've been going on about filming shows since 2006 and we haven't had the benifit of seeing any of it....not getting my hopes up at all about this

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

You're both right about Asia.

I know people were looking forward to the London release for a number of reasons. Here's hoping they at least include the Izzy footage as a bonus with this?

If they include the Izzy footage then I won't complain about anything from GNR. Especially if it contains some behind the scenes footage or some other content on a Blu Ray release if it's not in the theatrical version. But..you guys think about it... bumblefoot beard in 3D? 16

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

It's time for some dumb monkeychow speculation.

Back when they were streaming shows - wasn't it the show where Izzy appeared that was pulled?

Izzy was also on this cinema release and it was pulled.

As much as we all take pot shots at Axl....I'm starting to wonder if it's something to do with Izzy that both of these events have been cancelled. Could be anything but it seems coincidental.

Meanwhile 3D of the new band seems good, and dear GNR management/Axl  if you ever see this please release those asian gigs if  anything offical exists of them...I listen to a rip of TWAT from tokyo almost daily...those screams were gold.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

They've been going on about filming shows since 2006 and we haven't had the benifit of seeing any of it....not getting my hopes up at all about this

You're right, but make that 1991.  Supposedly good footage exists of the entire Illusion tour that at this point you gotta assume we'll never see.

Board footer