You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

monkeychow wrote:

Damn. Was really hoping that there'd be some more Chinese stuff we don't always get like TWAT, if the world, scrapped and catcher.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Awesome, we'll get The Seeker in 3D.... 14

14 14 14 14 14 14 14

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Is it me, or is that a really short set list?

I didn't bother to mention various solos.

But even considering that, it is the shortest set (at least among those gig-threads listed in our main section).

But if or when they decide to put this show out, it's gonna be a few hours of GNR-entertainment.

It seems odd that they would choose to drop TWAT for this show. When they finally do a REAL pro-shot, why on earth drop a song that they KNOW most of the hardcores love?!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Sorry if this  sounds negative...but I think it's a saftey setlist....twat, scrapped, cather, if the world, irs...they're all harder to sing.....maybe the logic was don't do numbers that show up the lack of rasp too badly on film.

Wish to god they'd done this like 3 years ago. The results then would have been amazing.

I'll buy it anyway of course.

But to be honest it bums me out that we get Motivation and The Seeker in 3d..and a raspless set...when a few years back Axl did amazing live versions of stuff like  "If the World" or the 06 live version of "Sailing". Shit like that should have been recorded.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Naltav wrote:

It seems odd that they would choose to drop TWAT for this show. When they finally do a REAL pro-shot, why on earth drop a song that they KNOW most of the hardcores love?!

Because like with anything else GN'R-related, they like fucking their fans over.... 14

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Sorry if this  sounds negative...but I think it's a saftey setlist....twat, scrapped, cather, if the world, irs...they're all harder to sing.....maybe the logic was don't do numbers that show up the lack of rasp too badly on film.

Wish to god they'd done this like 3 years ago. The results then would have been amazing.

I'll buy it anyway of course.

But to be honest it bums me out that we get Motivation and The Seeker in 3d..and a raspless set...when a few years back Axl did amazing live versions of stuff like  "If the World" or the 06 live version of "Sailing". Shit like that should have been recorded.

CITR was played, but no TWAT.  So yeah, it's possible Axl doesn't feel he performs that song well enough to have it recorded and distributed to the masses.  Also, comparing it with the setlist from the previous show, they actually played one MORE song (Used To Love Her), so the show length doesn't seem shorter in that respect.  Actually upon further review, it's the same amount of songs.  They must've counted one more "jam" as a song.  Still, not a shorter setlist though.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-ro … add8c.html

Chinese Democracy
Welcome to the Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Estranged
Rocket Queen
Richard Fortus Guitar Solo
(Blacklight Jesus of Transylvania)
Live and Let Die
(Wings cover) (With Happy Thanksgiving)
This I Love
Better
Motivation
(Tommy Stinson song) (Tommy Stinson on lead vocals, with band introductions)
Dizzy Reed Piano Solo
(No Quarter by Led Zeppelin)
Catcher in the Rye
Street of Dreams
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba Guitar Solo
(Ballad of Death)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2
(Pink Floyd cover) (with Axl on piano)
November Rain
Objectify
(Bumblefoot cover) (Bumblefoot on lead vocals)
Don't Cry
Civil War
Jam
The Seeker
(The Who cover)
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
(Bob Dylan cover)
Jam
Nightrain
Encore:
Don't Let It Bring You Down
(Neil Young cover)
Used to Love Her
Jam
Patience
Jam
Paradise City

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
Naltav wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Is it me, or is that a really short set list?

I didn't bother to mention various solos.

& nor should you. good work.

monkeynuts, your continued optimism is one of the best things about this forum. it's sad when a guy like you gets sad, but you're more than justified. it's another wasted opportunity. fuck it. they're pussies afraid of taking risks.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'll be satisfied and happy if it gets released. Released is the word right now. As long as that happens, I'm cool and I'll be singing along after I purchase it. Until then, hurry up!! 16

On another note, I personally like Motivation. I purchased it online and it's a great song; but yeah I can see why there needs to be a few more cuts from CD and some more GNR songs. I wish they would just take out Dizzy's solo or maybe dj

Board footer