You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 12 GN'R shows in Las Vegas

misterID wrote:

Beta is definitely the luckiest babysitter in the history of the world.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
misterID wrote:

Beta is definitely the luckiest babysitter in the history of the world.

..and Axl is the unhappiest baby. tongue

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Stacey wrote:
Ali wrote:
Stacey wrote:

Am I the only one who is irritated by seeing Beta on stage chumming it up with Bumblefoot? In my personal experience with her, she pretty much sucks. I can see her being up Axl's ass all the time, but why play nice with the band when you don't really seem to care about anyone but yourself/your kids?

It was really more like the band playing nice with her and having fun with her than anything.  BBF wasn't involved in that.  It was Tommy putting the bass on her and DJ slinging his guitar around her back and then grabbing a camera and filming her with the bass around her neck.

Ali

You were there, right? I'm sure you would know better in that case.
The picture I saw was of Bumblefoot standing next to her helping her place her hands on the bass. I can link it later once I am at home, but Bumblefoot retweeted it from Twitter user @Axls_Rose.

Yes, Stacey, I was.  Yes, I see the picture.  BBF did come over briefly, but what I meant was the practical joke part was really Tommy and DJ as Tommy left her with the bass and DJ slung his guitar around her back and then filmed her.  It was more those two messing around with her.  BBF wasn't involved in the messing around/practical joke aspect.

Although, he did bring his wife and two other women I didn't recognize out from the side of the stage to sing during the choruses of "Nightrain".

Ali

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Stacey wrote:

Am I the only one who is irritated by seeing Beta on stage chumming it up with Bumblefoot?

Nothing Beta has ever done in her position regarding the band has irritated me more as a fan than

her Margaret Thatcher pose, "No More Managers".

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

apex-twin wrote:
Stacey wrote:

Am I the only one who is irritated by seeing Beta on stage chumming it up with Bumblefoot?

Nothing Beta has ever done in her position regarding the band has irritated me more as a fan than

her Margaret Thatcher pose, "No More Managers".

For all the shit that has been directed at Beta over the years, Team Brazil has got Axl out there performing lucrative gigs and consolidated the current band lineup. Every previous manager was looking to engineer a reunion; she's the only one who's pushing the current lineup as a going concern. So, kudos to her for that.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ She's also the one who ruined the 2007 reunion by refusing Slash access to Axl the night he turned up at Axl's place.

Discussion always focuses on if Slash did or didn't lie about it. But lets get real. He showed up there to talk it out with Axl and had they been able to do so - they probably would have resolved some of the more abstract stuff like this idea that Slash wanted My World to fail and so on.

Had that happened...CD would have featured slash, and Slash 2010 would be a GNR record...and we'd be listening to bootlegs of 2006-2010 era axl rasp with modern slash-shredding.

Thanks Beta.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

^ She's also the one who ruined the 2007 reunion by refusing Slash access to Axl the night he turned up at Axl's place.

Discussion always focuses on if Slash did or didn't lie about it. But lets get real. He showed up there to talk it out with Axl and had they been able to do so - they probably would have resolved some of the more abstract stuff like this idea that Slash wanted My World to fail and so on.

Had that happened...CD would have featured slash, and Slash 2010 would be a GNR record...and we'd be listening to bootlegs of 2006-2010 era axl rasp with modern slash-shredding.

Thanks Beta.

^This. 17

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Thanks Beta.

I'm willing to bet someone will post saying they are glad that didn't happen. 17

Board footer