You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: Total Guitar Interview with Ron, DJ & Richard

Ali wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

The guys in the band referred to insults against Axl by the old band, not against them. Steve is guilty for sure, but did anyone take him even remotely seriously?

I figured they were throwing out the standard stab at Slash, Duff and Matt for gutting Axl in the press which I am challenging by looking for that material.

Taking him seriously and/or being offended by Steven's comments about Axl is another matter though, isn't it?  If you read his recent interview with RS, it made reference to his post-RRHOF comments about Axl.  To his credit, Steven owned up to them and merely said he's more at peace with the situation now.

Whether or not his comments were taken seriously is one thing, but Steven did make disparaging remarks about Axl and the band.

Ali

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To be honest...

I'm not sure Slash would give you a straight answer about Jetboy....and I'm not sure Axl would give you a straight answer about alleged spousal/home abuse from him.

These guys are humans. Slash was a junkie. Axl is very emotional and has suffered a difficult upbringing. It wouldn't shock me to think that maybe someone pushed Axl's buttons wrong one night, or maybe Slash put a little too much in the needle one day...I don't know...I'm just saying I don't like the impression places like HTGTH give....that it's all the Ex guys who are using the media and taking shots.....bottom line is EVERYONE in old gnr has done some questionable behaviour in their time...and all of them have said unfortunate things about the others......I wish we could just move on....Axl has a great band now....people would be powerless to slander that if they started writing together and putting out great works...but instead we obsess over some interview from years back from people who were druggies and/or being bated by a sensationalist media anyway....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Also...the question asked was "is Axl misunderstood?" and the answer was "yes...and ex members use it to their advantage"

Steven's comments about scabs and so on while rude don't really use it to their advantage....and what has he accused axl of that isn't true? Steven complains that he was fired, he complains that Axl has control of the name and won't reunite, and he complains that the people that tour as GNR and not GNR.

I'm not saying steven's right to bag them out or anything,  but fundamentally his complaints even if invalid arn't  lies, there's no reason Axl would be "misunderstood" from that.

Sky Dog wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

To be honest...

I'm not sure Slash would give you a straight answer about Jetboy....and I'm not sure Axl would give you a straight answer about alleged spousal/home abuse from him.

These guys are humans. Slash was a junkie. Axl is very emotional and has suffered a difficult upbringing. It wouldn't shock me to think that maybe someone pushed Axl's buttons wrong one night, or maybe Slash put a little too much in the needle one day...I don't know...I'm just saying I don't like the impression places like HTGTH give....that it's all the Ex guys who are using the media and taking shots.....bottom line is EVERYONE in old gnr has done some questionable behaviour in their time...and all of them have said unfortunate things about the others......I wish we could just move on....Axl has a great band now....people would be powerless to slander that if they started writing together and putting out great works...but instead we obsess over some interview from years back from people who were druggies and/or being bated by a sensationalist media anyway....

agree....I moved on quite awhile ago...they all have/had their issues.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think they were talking more about Axl not defending himself from most attacks in the press, monkey. He does in fact go after people... eventually. In long letters! wink

RussTCB wrote:
misterID wrote:

Axlgate big_smile

Wait. Wouldn't it be "Axlgate Gate"? 16

Axlgate sounds better than "The Incident at Axl's gate" 16

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

AxlGate...love it! The first scandal where a gate was actually involved!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Just one last thought on "AxlGate"..

If Axl had agreed to see Slash the night he showed up, he could have finished this so called "war" he is in.

Slash was there to talk and obviously listen. Axl had his big opportunity to say what hurt was done and what he felt was untrue and to outline to Slash what he wanted retracted in a public statement before the war ended.

Insead he refused to meet the man half way and then launched a particularly nasty press statement that could have ended Slash's career and friendship with Duff.

It baffles me that years later that, according to Marc Canter,  Axl plays the big injured party who won't speak with Slash until he gets his apology in public. Yet, when he had his big chance to get that ball rolling he refused to start the process and then shit on the guy who tried to break the deadlock.

Then he called Slash a cancer as his mother lay dying of that disease (and don't even try to say he didn't know about her because these guys have mutual friends).

Even then Slash remained diplomatic. I would have burned his fucking house to the ground.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Agree. I think Axl knows Slash will never do that, so the ball is never in Axl's court. His thing towards Slash has always been, "say in public what you came to my house and said."

Now, what if Slash one day does say, "You know what, Axl was right. I did him wrong. And I'm sorry."

What would Axl do then? Move goal post?

johndivney wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Just one last thought on "AxlGate"..

If Axl had agreed to see Slash the night he showed up, he could have finished this so called "war" he is in.

i dunno, can't remember correctly - or don't really care to - but wasn't it meant to be that slash was drunk when he showed up?

i dunno about u but i hate talking to drunk people when i'm sober.

alo: props on the first gate scandel involving a gate.

Board footer