You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: Rage Against the Machine

BLS-Pride wrote:

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE has announced three dates in Japan in February 2008. The details are as follows:

Feb. 07 - Osaka, Castle Hall
Feb. 09 - Tokyo, Makuhari Messe
Feb. 10 - Tokyo, Makuhari Messe

Tickets go on sale on November 17.

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE has been officially confirmed as one of the headliners of the 2008 Big Day Out festival tour of Australia and New Zealand. The five-show run begins January 18 in Auckland. Also scheduled to appear are BJORK, THE ARCADE FIRE, LCD SOUNDSYSTEM, DIZZEE RASCAL, BILLY BRAGG, THE CLEAN, BATTLES, SHIHAD, KATCHAFIRE, THE PHOENIX FOUNDATION, SJD, GRINSPOON, CUT OFF YOUR HANDS, HILLTOP HOOD, PAUL KELLY, YOUNG SID, ANTAGONIST, MOTOCADE and WHITE BIRDS AND LEMONS.

According to Billboard.com, some acts will play their own headlining shows in the territories in conjunction with Big Day Out, including RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE, who will play January 22 in Sydney and January 30 in Melbourne.

Great to see this guys still playing dates. I hope the band gets into the studio some time soon.

Doc Roberts
 Rep: -2 

Doc Roberts wrote:

Cornell> De La Rocha

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

This seems like a huge bump I know, but it's better than starting a new thread with the same name and focus.

In RATM discussion, I think this is one of very few bands to never release a bad song. Some aren't great, but none are really unlistenable. My fav album is Battle of Los Angeles, then S/T, and Evil Empire is my least favorite RATM album, although with tracks like People of the sun and Bulls on Parade, it's still pretty awesome. My favorite Rage track is probably Calm Like a Bomb.

Why I bumped: De la Rocha has a new group and EP coming this month with a new band, One Day as a Lion...

Rage Against The Machine's Zach De La Rocha has formed a band with Jon Theodore, a former member of The Mars Volta.

The band, named One Day As A Lion, will release their self-titled debut EP on July 21. De La Rocha plays keyboard and sings in the band, while Theadore drums.

The tracklisting of the band's self-titled EP will be:

'Wild International'
'Ocean View'
'Last Letter'
'If You Fear Dying'
'One Day As A Lion'

'One Day As A Lion is both a warning delivered and a promise kept.'

'A defiant affirmation of the possibilities that exist in the space between kick and snare. It's a sonic reflection of the visceral tension between a picturesque fabricated cultural landscape, and the brutal socioeconomic realities it attempts to mask. One Day As A Lion is a recorded interaction between Zack de la Rocha and Jon Theodore from Los Angeles, California.'

'The name taken from the infamous 1970 black and white, captured by legendary Chicano photographer George Rodriguez featuring a center framed tag on a white wall in an unspecified section of Boyle Heights. It reads: '˜It's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb.' This record is a stripped down attempt to realize this sentiment in sound.'

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:
Doc Roberts wrote:

Cornell> De La Rocha

I couldn't disagree more.   Cornell is a great vocalist, but Rage is truly a unique musical entity, with far more staying power and impact that Audioslave managed to leave behind.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bazgnr wrote:
Doc Roberts wrote:

Cornell> De La Rocha

I couldn't disagree more.   Cornell is a great vocalist, but Rage is truly a unique musical entity, with far more staying power and impact that Audioslave managed to leave behind.

or soundgarden for that matter

my favorite track is bombtrack...adn the self titled release is my fav album....know your enemy is damn awesome too 9

Communist China

Can someone edit the title of this thread so it's spelled right?

Bombtrack is awesome Neemo. One concert in 08 they all came out on stage in full on prison style jackets and bags over their heads, then ripped into Bombtrack. It's a cool fucking song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oJnAUvW1vY

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

First time I saw Rage was in 1994 when they played at the very first T in the Park festival in Scotland (a festival that is still going strong these days).  Pretty special moment as Cypress Hill were on the bill too, but had been massively delayed flying into London and missed their connections up to scotland - both bands got onstage together for Killing in the Name - a brilliant moment!

Communist China

One Day as a Lion has put one of their 5 to-be-released songs up on their myspace, Wild International. I'm diggin it quite a bit, more than Audioslave and a lot more than 'We Want it all'.

EP comes out on the 22nd.

http://www.myspace.com/onedayasalion

Board footer