You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Myles Kennedy: 'Slash Is Cool And His Goals Are The Same As Mine'

metallex78 wrote:

Not sure if this was the place to post this, seeing as Myles isn't an ex-member, but he's with Slash's band, so it kinda counts... kinda

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/intervie … _mine.html

Anyway, some really interesting stuff in regards to that 'supposed' mystery VR audition, GN'R and Slash, plus some cool Alter Bridge info too.

Wasn't it around this time that Slash called you to audition for Velvet Revolver?   
They had reached out and asked if I'd be interested in auditioning and sent a demo. They'd sent four songs that were just essentially empty canvasses for me to put a melody and lyrics to. I actually worked on about three of the songs and recorded 'em in my little home studio and basically never sent 'em back. I respectfully bowed out because like I said that was that 2002 period and I still was pretty-for lack of a better word-kind of shell shocked from the last few years. Just burnt out and kind of lost my confidence.

So you could have theoretically been working with Slash from that Velvet Revolver period forwards.   
I never sent that back to him [laughs].

When you think back to your performances on that demo, how do they stand up for you?
Honestly? I don't think it was my best work. Let's just put it that way. I think for whatever reason at that point in my life something wasn't clicking for me with what I was bringing to the party.

Do you ever regret not sending the demo to Slash?
I think I made the right decision to be honest with you at that point in my life. I guess everything works out for a reason-fast forward 10 years later and I'm very happy with how things turned out. But yeah, I think the only people who ever heard those were a handful of friends and I might have played it for my brother or something [laughs]. I never even played it for Slash or anything.

When you heard the first Velvet Revolver album "Contraband" what were your thoughts?

Honestly? I was really a fan. I thought when I first heard "Slither" and saw the video, I thought it was a perfect fit myself. That would have been right around when Alter Bridge was coming together and I think we were in the studio and I was just really impressed and I thought it was cool. Just as a fan I was totally cool with how it turned out and that's really the best way I can put it. Just as a fan, I thought it was cool.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Good thorough interview, cheers for posting!

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Very interesting and insightful read, thanks!

Does anyone know the song Pale? Did it make the record under a different name, or remains unreleased?

There were songs like "Standing In the Sun" where I brought in an actual chorus with a chord progression and a melody and whatnot. "Pale" is a good example where he just sent the entire music bed and it was my job to put the melody and lyrics to it. So it just kind of varied from song to song.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Monkey and I already discussed this too, and unless it was a working title for one of the Apocalyptic tracks, I'm guessing it's the new song for the upcoming Slash horror movie, that Slash mentioned recording for recently.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Monkey and I already discussed this too, and unless it was a working title for one of the Apocalyptic tracks, I'm guessing it's the new song for the upcoming Slash horror movie, that Slash mentioned recording for recently.

First I thought it was the working title of Far And Away, but I'm unsure. hmm

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Its the new tune for his horror movie apparently...

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

Interesting interview. I know nothing about Myles, he seems pretty grounded. I don't mind his voice, so I'm looking forward to the next album.

Board footer