You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

A sad day and a shame it has to keep happening until gun control is taken more seriously.

LOL - gun control will do nothing...ask the kids in China if it was better to be killed with a knife instead of a gun.

I'll respect what Russ asked and won't get into the issue.

Glad at least YOU are LOLing at this situation.

This attitude of laughing at other people opinion's expenses, thinking you are so cool and so right while everybody else is wrong is one of the reasons your country and your people is labeled as retarded all around the world, but I'll keep my comments to myself as they are not as short narrowed as your opinions seem to be.

otto

otto wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Not to be an asshole, but my personal opinion is that i dont think its time to get into the gun issue just yet.

I simply cannot imagine what those parents are going through right now. Im actually sitting right now waiting for Zakks mom to bring him to me for our weekend together. I couldnt imagine being in a position to never be able to see him again due to anyone elses selfish act, gun or not.

And schools, at least from where I came from, is where your kids are supposed to be safe, even with bullies and the whole learning of dealing with other people and perhaps suffering from it, but to a parent to drop their kids and see that happen must be unimaginable.

It's not the correct order of life, parents aren't supposed to lose their children.

My thoughts, the best of them, are with the victims' families and hope they find the strenght to survive through this.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

A sad day and a shame it has to keep happening until gun control is taken more seriously.

LOL - gun control will do nothing...ask the kids in China if it was better to be killed with a knife instead of a gun.

This attitude of laughing at other people opinion's expenses, thinking you are so cool and so right while everybody else is wrong is one of the reasons your country and your people is labeled as retarded all around the world, but I'll keep my comments to myself as they are not as short narrowed as your opinions seem to be.

I'm laughing at the idiotic notion that passing gun control laws would somehow magically stop people from getting shot.  I don't care that you believe it or not...that's your right.  I don't own a gun.  I'm not a gun advocate.  I'm realistic enough to understand that the people committing these crimes aren't going to not commit them because guns are illegal.  Killing people is illegal.  Do you think the fact that the gun is illegal too will somehow stop these murders?

I don't have an agenda, but clearly you do.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RussTCB wrote:

Not to be an asshole, but my personal opinion is that i dont think its time to get into the gun issue just yet.

I simply cannot imagine what those parents are going through right now. Im actually sitting right now waiting for Zakks mom to bring him to me for our weekend together. I couldnt imagine being in a position to never be able to see him again due to anyone elses selfish act, gun or not.

You didn't come across that way at all. I completely understand where your coming from. Hope you enjoy time with your son.

otto

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm laughing at the idiotic notion that passing gun control laws would somehow magically stop people from getting shot.  I don't care that you believe it or not...that's your right.  I don't own a gun.  I'm not a gun advocate.  I'm realistic enough to understand that the people committing these crimes aren't going to not commit them because guns are illegal.  Killing people is illegal.  Do you think the fact that the gun is illegal too will somehow stop these murders?

First of all, don't call me an idiot.

Second of all, I'm not saying to BLOCK access to Guns for everybody but to narrow down to people who are psychologically capable of handing a gun.

When did I say that guns should be illegal? Yeah, you're only talking about an agenda because you have one. Stop calling people who you don't know - and don't even bother to read their opinions - names and don't put carefully chosen words into what I've said and we can have a conversation, otherwise keep it to yourself.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Terrible news....man I can't imagine.

buzz is right a psycho is a psycho, and if he wanted these people dead he would've made it happen regardless of legality, but we need to understand that the accessibility of firearms is much higher in a country that stands up strongly for right to possess amunitions, and to my knowledge situations like this seem to occur much more frequently in the USA than in the rest of the world. I dunno if the shooter is a teenager or not, but if dude goes into a rage with a gun nearby chances are greater it will be used as opposed to going out finding a gun for sale on the black market then proceed to go on a spree. My $0.02

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

First of all, don't call me an idiot.

Second of all, I'm not saying to BLOCK access to Guns for everybody but to narrow down to people who are psychologically capable of handing a gun.

When did I say that guns should be illegal? Yeah, you're only talking about an agenda because you have one. Stop calling people who you don't know - and don't even bother to read their opinions - names and don't put carefully chosen words into what I've said and we can have a conversation, otherwise keep it to yourself.

Ok lets stop now, I'm sure we can keep this.civilized, thanks

Also, how would u determine their mental stability? I don't think what u suggest is reasonable, especially in a day and age of civil rights

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

22 wounded in China.

Wonder what would have happened if he had a Glock, don't you?

otto

otto wrote:
Neemo wrote:

buzz is right a psycho is a psycho, and if he wanted these people dead he would've made it happen regardless of legality, but we need to understand that the accessibility of firearms is much higher in a country that stands up strongly for right to possess amunitions, and to my knowledge situations like this seem to occur much more frequently in the USA than in the rest of the world. I dunno if the shooter is a teenager or not, but if dude goes into a rage with a gun nearby chances are greater it will be used as opposed to going out finding a gun for sale on the black market then proceed to go on a spree. My $0.02

Agree with all your points. I'm not pro or against Guns (or Roses), I just think acccess to it should be more controlled as some medication are, for example. I'm not taking away the "Human Factor" AT ALL, I do not believe in people way more than you'll probably understand.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Agree with all your points. I'm not pro or against Guns (or Roses), I just think acccess to it should be more controlled as some medication are, for example. I'm not taking away the "Human Factor" AT ALL, I do not believe in people way more than you'll probably understand.

Stats speaks volumes. USA is a violent country, much thanks to liberal gun laws. Europe/Canada/Australia have had not nearly the same amount of shooting massacres. All of these countries have much stricter gun control laws. That part is easy. USA is infested with guns, it's spread around like cancer (to use an Axl word).

The cancer is there, too late to stop it.

Board footer