You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

Fact is no matter how you spin it, you and your loved ones are much more likely to be gunned down than am I.

I'm not spinning anything. What have I said that was untrue? Create all the strict gun laws you want, ban them... Your stats on violent crime would stay the same. Only the accidential shootings would go down.

you give absolutely no credit to Americans and by saying this you are in  fact suggest you guy are a more stupid, more violent and more mentally ill country  by nature. hmmm...

As for Booze yeah I'm pretty sure if you made alcohol illegal outright it would lower the number of deaths by drunk driving. Hell if all you did was make it illegal for restaurants and bars to sell booze the number of drunk driving deaths would go down. So to suggest more strict gun laws would have zero impact just spits in the face of common sense.

The world gets it. Americans do not.  hmm

misterID wrote:

One was invented for fun ( I really have no idea what the purpose for inventing alcohol was, tbh, except to act stupid), the other for protection. The difference is, you like one over the other.

yup semi automatic and automatic assault riffles were invented for protection. A weapon that sprays 50 bullets or more per minute were invented for protection.  SURE. That post right there is a clear case of what's wrong with America's psyche when it comes to this.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

Fact is no matter how you spin it, you and your loved ones are much more likely to be gunned down than am I.

I'm not spinning anything. What have I said that was untrue? Create all the strict gun laws you want, ban them... Your stats on violent crime would stay the same. Only the accidential shootings would go down.

you give absolutely no credit to Americans and by saying this you are in  fact suggest you guy are a more stupid, more violent and more mentally ill country  by nature. hmmm...

As for Booze yeah I'm pretty sure if you made alcohol illegal outright it would lower the number of deaths by drunk driving. Hell if all you did was make it illegal for restaurants and bars to sell booze the number of drunk driving deaths would go down. So to suggest more strict gun laws would have zero impact just spits in the face of common sense.

The world gets it. Americans do not.  hmm

Unfortunately you don't understand anything you're talking about, respectfully. I'm talking about addressing the problems of people who commit these crimes before they happen and get a better understanding of the causes and address it. I don't know, somehow you got that I was saying all American's are mentaly ill and stupid... orsomething. How addressing these people is a bad idea or wrong... or whatever it is you're saying, I don't know. No, strict gun laws will do nothing to curb violent crimes, considering there are more guns than people in this country, they're already out there, and the majority of these crimes are from obtaining these guns through illegal means.

We did ban alcohol once. It was called prohibition. Let me give you the cliff notes: It didn't go well.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

yup semi automatic and automatic assault riffles were invented for protection. A weapon that sprays 50 bullets or more per minute were invented for protection.  SURE. That post right there is a clear case of what's wrong with America's psyche when it comes to this.

The majority of gun related deaths do not come from these weapons. If people want to ban them or impose sctrict gun laws in purchasing them, fine. I'm okay with that. And again, it will do nothing to stop the murder rates. Those weapons are already out there and your theory relies on the fact that everyone who gets one of the guns gets them through legal means.  But I appreciate you giving your expert analysis about what's wrong with "America's psyche."

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Unfortunately you don't understand anything you're talking about, respectfully.

Classic you. Glad nothing's changed.

misterID wrote:

I'm talking about addressing the problems of people who comitt these crimes before they happen and get a better understanding and address it.

No fucking shit. BUT what'ya think might be a nice step to take in the meantime? Tackling mental illness in America seems pretty daunting so how about between now and solving that you guys look into something that might help even in the slightest. say like more strict gun control.  Couldn't hurt. Seems to work fairly well for numerous other countries.

misterID wrote:

I don't know, somehow you got that I was saying all American's are mentaly ill and stupid. How addressing these people is a bad idea or wrong... or whatever it is you're saying, I don't know. No, strict gun laws will do nothing to curb violent crimes, especially considering there are more guns than people in this country and the majority of these crimes from obtaining guns through illegal means.

Countries with stricter gun laws have far less gun related crimes. hmmm.... so you saying the gun related crimes in the States would stay the same is what? An admition of what? That you guys are just that much more violent and that much more insane than the rest of us? Dude how could more strict gun laws NOT possibly help curb the numbers? the idea that it wouldn't help at all is asinine,

misterID wrote:

We did ban alcohol once. It was called prohibition. Let me give you the cliff notes: It didn't go well.

I wonder if drunk driving related deaths went down?  Oh wait cars had barely been invented when that took place. Dude get fucking real. If Alcohol was banned today drunk driving related death would go down. It would be inevitable because people would need to drink in the privacy of their own home. Prohibition era? 14

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

The majority of gun related deaths do not come from these weapons. If people want to ban them or impose sctrict gun laws in purchasing them, fine. I'm okay with that. And again, it will do nothing to stop the murder rates. "

Ummm... yeah it would.  If these weapons were outlawed there's less chance of what happened yesterday happening. 20 children dead thanks to the use of a semi automatic weapon. Sure maybe he'd have got one anyways but ya know what why not make it a little harder for guys like him to do so. Don't recall the last time I heard of a guy walking into a school and stabbing 26 people to death but  what do I know.  I'm not American.

misterID

misterID wrote:

No, school stabbings don't happen in America, that's China.

And no, he stole those weapons from his mother, who legally purchased them. The mall shooter stole the weapon he used, which you don't seem to be comprehending. My concern is for those babies not anyones idealistic, and unrealistic stand on guns. Why it's so hard to grasp the need to blame this mentaly ill murderer, which again, none of you are even mentioning, and start doing something about it, is beyond me. As I've said, nearly all of these killers showed warning signs, people were warned, the warnings were ignored, as there is no system or protocol to deal with it. That has to change.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Unfortunately you don't understand anything you're talking about, respectfully.

Classic you. Glad nothing's changed.

misterID wrote:

I'm talking about addressing the problems of people who comitt these crimes before they happen and get a better understanding and address it.

No fucking shit. BUT what'ya think might be a nice step to take in the meantime? Tackling mental illness in America seems pretty daunting so how about between now and solving that you guys look into something that might help even in the slightest. say like more strict gun control.  Couldn't hurt. Seems to work fairly well for numerous other countries.

misterID wrote:

I don't know, somehow you got that I was saying all American's are mentaly ill and stupid. How addressing these people is a bad idea or wrong... or whatever it is you're saying, I don't know. No, strict gun laws will do nothing to curb violent crimes, especially considering there are more guns than people in this country and the majority of these crimes from obtaining guns through illegal means.

Countries with stricter gun laws have far less gun related crimes. hmmm.... so you saying the gun related crimes in the States would stay the same is what? An admition of what? That you guys are just that much more violent and that much more insane than the rest of us? Dude how could more strict gun laws NOT possibly help curb the numbers? the idea that it wouldn't help at all is asinine,

misterID wrote:

I wonder if drunk driving related deaths went down?  Oh wait cars had barely been invented when that took place. Dude get fucking real. If Alcohol was banned today drunk driving related death would go down. It would be inevitable because people would need to drink in the privacy of their own home. Prohibition era? 14

THOSE OTHER COUNTRIES DO NOT ALREADY HAVE THE AMOUNT OF GUNS WE DO HERE, WHERE THERE ARE MORE GUNS THAN PEOPLE. THOSE COUNTRIES DO NOT HAVE THOSE NUMBERS OF GUNS ALREADY CIRCULATING.  THAT'S OVER 350 MILLION GUNS. THEY ARE NOT COMPARABLE. SO GUN RESTRICTION IS A MOOT POINT NOW. THE GUNS ARE ALREADY OUT THERE AND THEY ARE EASY TO ACCESS THROUGH ILLEGAL MEANS. RIGHT NOW. AND IN THE FUTURE, NO MATTER WHAT LAWS ARE PASSED. NEW GUN CONTROL WILL NOT DO ANYTHING TO STOP IT. THE GUNS ARE ALREADY THERE AND THEY ARE NOT BEING PURCHASED BY LEGAL MEANS TO COMMIT THESE CRIMES.  DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING????

It's not a daunting task concentrating on prevention and the causes of THE PEOPLE who coimmit these crimes. Seems like a smart move to me. But what do I know, I'm just an American. 

Oh, if you want to talk about the murders and crimes caused by prohibition, the amount of deaths caused by homeade booze that killed people, even blinded them, and other numerous health problems it caused. And the record of moonshine and illegally imported booze, yeah... But if, like you suggest, compare it today with the amount of drunk driving deaths, I guess it would even out today seeing the lack of cars back then. I mean, prohibition worked so well and cut down on so many deaths and alcohol related problems that we still have prohibition today.... Oh, wait...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm not a gun person by any means but i beleive th gun laws in canada are restricted to being able to only own rifles for hunting and when not in use they need to be locked up in a case...no hand guns no semis or fulls, just illegal period

if the gov't madea concerted effort to clean it up then it could be done...to say it cant be done is just a sad way to view things...anythign can be done

also most people dont know where to go for black market goods so it makes it harder to come across....no walking in to pawnshops to buy weapons, no people getting pissed on alcohol or otherwise and flying off the handle and grabbing the nearest thing to hand

just cuz it has always been that way doesnt mean it needs to continue...instead of billions on millitary why not transfer a little bit of that $$$ to somewhere else

and alcohol and cough medicine to make meth is not the same, meth is a highly addictive illegal drug that people addicted to it will do anything to make either for consumption or for selling, (i dont think owning a gun is addictive? could be wrong i dont own one) and alcohol is  for the most part a recreational beverage, and also with the right laws in place the tragedies will decrease as well

Americans sometimes appear to be so hooked up on their rights to bear arms etc that they cant see whats better for the common man...

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Man, Bono makes sense big_smile

Board footer