You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

Re: Dizzy Reed Interview Jakarta Post

AtomsNest wrote:

I'm not convinced Axl wants to record with this lineup, especially after watching the video of them being interviewed in India. They seem to be in GNR out of necessity, but we'll see.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

Yeah, he's definitely lost his confidence over the years, and he seems so worn down. I also think he's a lot more limited as songwriter than is often thought. Tbh, the longer he is less productive with nuGNR, the more Duff's retracted comments resonate with me.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I am convinced  his hatred for Slash is solely down to the fact that Axl took the criticism of CD hard, blames Slash's absence on this and now cannot find the confidence to release another album.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Criticism of CD? From who? The press loved CD for the most part.

Its the general aftertaste left with the public & press that I'm referring to.
The album was seen as "good" but no great shakes when compared to the old catalogue and certainly not worth 15 years of obsessing & breaking the band up over.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I am convinced  his hatred for Slash is solely down to the fact that Axl took the criticism of CD hard, blames Slash's absence on this and now cannot find the confidence to release another album.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Slash is beloved by most and viewed as a geunuinely good guy. While Axl is blamed by most for the breakup of the original lineup. If the tables were turned, or if perception was anywhere close to even, I don't think the hate would be there. But Slash wins by a landslide on the likeability scale. Not that Axl minds being disliked, but I doubt he likes being blamed for something he feels wasn't "all" his fault.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I think it has more to do with the fact that Slash is beloved by most and viewed as a geunuinely good guy. While Axl is blamed by most for the breakup of the original lineup. If the tables were turned, or if perception was anywhere close to even, I don't think the hate would be there. But Slash wins by a landslide on the likeability scale. Not that Axl minds being disliked, but I doubt he likes being blamed for something he feels wasn't "all" his fault.

I guess what he doesn't see is that he's had the opportunity for years (and still has) to change the perception of him, but all he does is further cement the existing opinion of him.  People would listen if he'd just talk.  People would care if he would release quality new music.  People would care if he would make an attempt to be more fan friendly.  But that's just not who he is.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I guess what he doesn't see is that he's had the opportunity for years (and still has) to change the perception of him, but all he does is further cement the existing opinion of him.  People would listen if he'd just talk.  People would care if he would release quality new music.  People would care if he would make an attempt to be more fan friendly.  But that's just not who he is.

Right.  Easier said than done.  Some people have the ability to change people's perceptions of them.  Axl seems to lack that.  Again, deep down I don't think he minds that people hate him so much, but he doesn't understand why he can't continue to prosper as an artist.  I think the two go hand in hand more than he'd like to acknowledge.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I think axl had in his head ten years ago that he was gonna get back at slash and co. by moving gnr forward. when that didn't go as expected the drive disappeared. I just don't think he has much to write about any more as far as lyrics. It's almost the same situation with the band name. While keeping it he's forced into certain things, and with any future releases that IMO includes writing music that the fans want in order to get the necessary support from the label. You take a hungry and angry 18 year old axl and you get what he did on appetite/lies/illusions. you take a 50 year old spoiled brat with full control of the gnr name and what is there left to write about? what is there left to say in your music? i doubt he's lost the ability to write good music or melodies though. i've said this before and i'll say it again: if axl wants to become a legitimate artist and release new music that people will care about he needs to change to a more mellow bluesy sound, drop pittman and two guitar players, and release it as axl rose. he's just not about what made him relevant any more. he needs to completely reinvent himself or stop trying to be what he once was.

Board footer