You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: Dizzy Reed Interview Jakarta Post

Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I guess what he doesn't see is that he's had the opportunity for years (and still has) to change the perception of him, but all he does is further cement the existing opinion of him.  People would listen if he'd just talk.  People would care if he would release quality new music.  People would care if he would make an attempt to be more fan friendly.  But that's just not who he is.

Right.  Easier said than done.  Some people have the ability to change people's perceptions of them.  Axl seems to lack that.  Again, deep down I don't think he minds that people hate him so much, but he doesn't understand why he can't continue to prosper as an artist.  I think the two go hand in hand more than he'd like to acknowledge.

Does he really lack the ability to change people's perception of him, or does he just not care enough to make the effort on a consistent basis?  He showed he can be polite and even funny on Jimmy Kimmel.  For some people, that may have changed their perception of his likeability.  He just doesn't do things like that on a consistent basis, for better or for worse.

I don't know what you mean by "prosper as an artist".  If you mean commercial success, then sure, I can see how being more well-liked would help your commercial success.  If you mean prosper creatively and artistically, I'm not sure you need to be liked in order to create art that speaks to people.

Ali

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Dizzy Reed Interview Jakarta Post

faldor wrote:
Ali wrote:
faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I guess what he doesn't see is that he's had the opportunity for years (and still has) to change the perception of him, but all he does is further cement the existing opinion of him.  People would listen if he'd just talk.  People would care if he would release quality new music.  People would care if he would make an attempt to be more fan friendly.  But that's just not who he is.

Right.  Easier said than done.  Some people have the ability to change people's perceptions of them.  Axl seems to lack that.  Again, deep down I don't think he minds that people hate him so much, but he doesn't understand why he can't continue to prosper as an artist.  I think the two go hand in hand more than he'd like to acknowledge.

Does he really lack the ability to change people's perception of him, or does he just not care enough to make the effort on a consistent basis?  He showed he can be polite and even funny on Jimmy Kimmel.  For some people, that may have changed their perception of his likeability.  He just doesn't do things like that on a consistent basis, for better or for worse.

I don't know what you mean by "prosper as an artist".  If you mean commercial success, then sure, I can see how being more well-liked would help your commercial success.  If you mean prosper creatively and artistically, I'm not sure you need to be liked in order to create art that speaks to people.

Ali

I clearly said, I'm not sure he cares that people have negative perceptions of him.  So again, it doesn't seem to be important to him to change that perception or maybe he doesn't want to go through the trouble to do so.  I agree, he came off well in the Kimmel interview, and more stuff like that would help the cause.  But when he does one interview a decade, it doesn't hold people's attention quite long enough. 

And by prosper as an artist, I mean, able to release music, promote the music, etc.  All of which have been a struggle in the last decade plus.  IF he was more well liked outside of the hardcore GNR fanbase, then maybe he'd feel more comfortable doing such things.  Pure speculation of course.  Maybe it would have no difference.  Just searching for answers, that's all.

Board footer