You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Elementary School Shooting in US

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

There's a lot of uproar over the NRA's response.  But let's just examine their "idea" for a solution.  Okay, armed guards in schools.  Let's even assume that all the armed guards are upstanding and none of THEM fly off the handle.  Fine, schools are safe, I guess.  What about malls, clubs, any other place where security isn't high level?  Won't crazy gunmen just seek to carry out these senseless crimes there?  So do we hire armed guards to be in every building in America?  On every street corner?  Where does it end?

Again, not saying there IS a perfect solution, but this certainly isn't one.  I've yet to hear one good excuse for why assault weapons are legal.  So I think it'd be a good idea to start with banning them. 

Also, I know guns are easily obtained in an illegal fashion, but does anyone know the statistics in relation to these mass killing situations?  I mean, this latest shooting was carried out with legally purchased guns.  But what about in Tucson, Aurora, Columbine, Va. Tech, Sikh temple, etc.?  Just wondering.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Or what if a deranged teacher or highschool student steals a gun....frankly having armed guards in a school yard is ludicris, wtf man why is the answer in America always more guns, more violence, more war

What's that all about. Can someone explain a real reason beesides "that's just ingrained in our society" BS

U guys constantly live in fear its fucked up, fear of terrorists, fear of being poisoned by mail, fear of mass killings, fear of an appocolypse ... No wonder people snap, u want a conspiracy? Why is the media always pushing death, destruction and more guns...that's a conspiracy to end them all

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

There's a lot of uproar over the NRA's response.  But let's just examine their "idea" for a solution.  Okay, armed guards in schools.  Let's even assume that all the armed guards are upstanding and none of THEM fly off the handle.  Fine, schools are safe, I guess.  What about malls, clubs, any other place where security isn't high level?  Won't crazy gunmen just seek to carry out these senseless crimes there?  So do we hire armed guards to be in every building in America?  On every street corner?  Where does it end?

Again, not saying there IS a perfect solution, but this certainly isn't one.  I've yet to hear one good excuse for why assault weapons are legal.  So I think it'd be a good idea to start with banning them. 

Also, I know guns are easily obtained in an illegal fashion, but does anyone know the statistics in relation to these mass killing situations?  I mean, this latest shooting was carried out with legally purchased guns.  But what about in Tucson, Aurora, Columbine, Va. Tech, Sikh temple, etc.?  Just wondering.

Technically they were obtained illegally.  He stole them from the owner.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Or what if a deranged teacher or highschool student steals a gun....frankly having armed guards in a school yard is ludicris, wtf man why is the answer in America always more guns, more violence, more war

What's that all about. Can someone explain a real reason beesides "that's just ingrained in our society" BS

You can't understand.  You can't dismiss the reason because you don't like it.  We're a country like no other on the planet, and there are both good and bad things that go along with that.  There are statistics that back putting guns in people's hands making it safer.  It's not something people make up.  Why do you suppose that all these things keep happening in gun free zones and not at gun shows or things like that where guns are all over the place?  It sounds odd until you really look at it with an open mind.

U guys constantly live in fear its fucked up, fear of terrorists, fear of being poisoned by mail, fear of mass killings, fear of an appocolypse ... No wonder people snap, u want a conspiracy? Why is the media always pushing death, destruction and more guns...that's a conspiracy to end them all

I don't really fear anything.  All you can do in life is make good decisions.  Beyond that, it's out of your control.  When it's your time to go, it's your time to go.  That doesn't mean you become careless; it just means you don't take unnecessary risk and live with whatever happens beyond that.  There are certainly people living in fear, but that is as overblown as everything else is.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

There's more than a few things here I just don't understand.

Why fake the pics at all? Are you saying it either A) didn't happen at all or B) wasn't as bad as the media is making it out to be, thus the photoshopped pics?

Also, within two days of my mom passing, I went through a huge ass box of pics of her to make a YouTube tribute video. I barely looked over any of the photos fun anything out of place, funny or whatever. So yeah, I have no doubt that the family would've just handed over pics without thinking twice about it. And the "devil horns" are used and accepted as 'cool' at way more places than rock concerts.

It seems to me the media likes to follow a narrative. If the stories don't fit they will make them or invent ones that do. The completeness of why and how I don't know. I'm just trying to call the bs when I see it.

Obviously there's more to this than a few pictures but if you're totally against the idea I don't expect anyone to even take half a look at it. Nor do I want to make this that kind of thread. If you do however there's a lot of inconsistencies to be uncovered in this case.

Thankfully the media provided us with this "goodie" right this morning. It might be the most "off" moment up until now. This guy might live at a hospital, but he definitely doesn't work at one.

His voice, build and demeanor seems to be exactly that of John Goodman.
Who wears a lab coat to a press conference?
A medical examiner called Carver?
You have no idea how many boys or girls. Really, you have no idea?
But you know everybody was killed by the rifle?
What's so funny?
Where does the word "magnificent" fit in this context?

With that I'm out. Good luck to everybody trying to unveil the mysteries of this world.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Every big news story is turned into a conspiracy. Actually, I think it's a conspiracy that these stories are turned into conspiracies. Someone wants people to th

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Every big news story is turned into a conspiracy. Actually, I think it's a conspiracy that these stories are turned into conspiracies. Someone wants people to think there's a conspiracy when there really isn't. To deflect attention from the real issues.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Q: How many NRA members does it take to change a light bulb?
A: More guns

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer