You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The Definitive Chinese Democracy Leaks Thread

monkeychow wrote:

Could someone link me to this "battle" - I need to procrastinate harder on my work and it sounds fun!

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Just go to the "Next Album" rumor / speculation thread.

It's up to page 50 of Jarmo vs Halo69, and it's just petty now. But earlier on, Jarmo was being called out on for his usual bullshit, and quite well too.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … =64284.980

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Some other posters have made some really good posts, from what I see there (not reading that whole thread).

That's the first time I've been to HTGTH in a long ass time. Things that are funny: jarmo is still calling fans of this band whiners. Still lying about people saying Axl owes them something. Still making things up to fit his argument... jarmo is a pretty big ass liar, but now he's making up THE LIE OF LIES that his fanaticism just happened to start in 2006 when things started "happening" and the "change" as he put it, 16 , had nothing to do with it coincidentally coinciding with all the perks and privileges and access to Axl's pool he started getting when he volunteerd to be Fernando's bitch.

Good God, it's like it's still 2006 over there.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Just read that epic battle between Halo and Jarmo and, despite the obvious insanity, I enjoyed how Halo never lost his temper, he just cheerily taunts Jarmo. Jarmo seems to have morphed into an absolute horror of a man, really asinine.

I don't know.  Halo started off respectable and actually making some valid arguments but that changed quickly and he just became a giant douche.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Just read that epic battle between Halo and Jarmo and, despite the obvious insanity, I enjoyed how Halo never lost his temper, he just cheerily taunts Jarmo. Jarmo seems to have morphed into an absolute horror of a man, really asinine.

I don't know.  Halo started off respectable and actually making some valid arguments but that changed quickly and he just became a giant douche.

Halo is no worse than anyone else on that thread. Jarmo flat out told him to fuck off and he didn't bite, just cheerily described the thread as "friendly discussion".

I embrace anyone who has the tenacity to manically hang in over there for 50 pages taking on all the zealots and nutjobs and not once loose his temper. I don't see any post where he was  "a giant douche". The abuse he was slung was intense yet I don't hear you deride that.

He rightfully pointed out that Jarmo comes across as some deranged 15 year old fan on a power trip. We are all big boys and should be able to cope with the more extreme posters so in  this case, all in, I just cannot see where the guy was a douche. he was a PAIN IN THE HOLE for sure, but mostly for the Axlamic Fundamentalists which i enjoy. I'm tired on the manics on each side of the old band argument, and enjoy watching them scramble together crazy arguments in defence of their man.

And Mister ID is totally correct, some well written respectful and fact-based observations on GNR were submitted and Jarmo took a bitchy shit on them all. If meeting your idol turns you into him, I don't ever want to meet mine.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

If meeting your idol turns you into him, I don't ever want to meet mine.

That's an interesting thought. Personally, I might enjoy hanging out with Axl for one night and one night only, but I think dealing with the man on a regular basis would eventually wear me down. Most likely, I'd make a comment down the line, either to him or to his subordinates, that would be taken as criticism and - Enemy List, here we come!

I've met people similar to Axl and his entourage in that everything is sugarcoated for The Man, who enjoys his position because of past glories. It gets tiresome, because you're walking on eggshells, waiting for a temper tantrum. Think dealing with a three-year old, whose parents apply no boundaries or structure. They just run into the rescue whenever the tyke makes a sound remotely sembling a cry.

I've also met people with Axl's temper and attitude, but without so many enablers. How to deal with them is to bypass that childish behavior and give the signal that crying won't get you what you want. In my experience, they eventually wind down to being happy go-lucky members of the group, with occassional snarling. You can be a decent person with those character defects, but you need surroundings that help you outgrow them.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think it goes beyond meeting your idol. It's kind of warped, like that website is his link to Axl and he's going overboard for Axl to show him attention and/or try to prove something to Beta and Fernando to stay a part of the team. I remember him referring to GN'R as "us" one time.

And Jesus, if anyone has a leak can we please leak it now?

johndivney wrote:

i find this whole thing utterly depressing - both the history of the leaks & jarmo's behaviour.

ultimately the embarrassment of the leaks rest w/axl & his behaviour. maybe he's to blame for jarmo's idocy to, partially at least.

the only thing these things serve is to heap further embarrassment on what should be one of rock n roll's greatest legacys & greatest bands.

these things call into question the legitimacy of the band & it's history, unfair as that may be. it's embarrassing & weak to have these things go on in the name of GnR.
they're ruining everything. axl's attempts at playing the game have, for all intents & purposes, been woeful & we're left w/nothing but bitterness & a laughing-stock litany of leaks. what we oughta have had was one of the strongest, boldest & most brilliant catalogues & stories rock n roll ever got. they're fucked it all up. they've killed what i loved & i'll never forgive them for it, & they've killed me to. there's nothing in this for me.

i'd like to be able to laugh & the whole jarmo thing but it's just too indicative of the vile pettiness to do anything but depress me. it didn't have to be like this & it shames the story. the story shoulda been the music but instead it's ultimately failure & shame.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:
faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Halo is no worse than anyone else on that thread. Jarmo flat out told him to fuck off and he didn't bite, just cheerily described the thread as "friendly discussion".

I embrace anyone who has the tenacity to manically hang in over there for 50 pages taking on all the zealots and nutjobs and not once loose his temper. I don't see any post where he was  "a giant douche". The abuse he was slung was intense yet I don't hear you deride that.

He rightfully pointed out that Jarmo comes across as some deranged 15 year old fan on a power trip. We are all big boys and should be able to cope with the more extreme posters so in  this case, all in, I just cannot see where the guy was a douche. he was a PAIN IN THE HOLE for sure, but mostly for the Axlamic Fundamentalists which i enjoy. I'm tired on the manics on each side of the old band argument, and enjoy watching them scramble together crazy arguments in defence of their man.

And Mister ID is totally correct, some well written respectful and fact-based observations on GNR were submitted and Jarmo took a bitchy shit on them all. If meeting your idol turns you into him, I don't ever want to meet mine.

I didn't think Jarmo went below the belt with any of the things he said. Halo did. He got personal and a bit nasty. And even if he felt ganged up on, just because you may feel insulted, the answer isn't always to fire it up a notch and go for the jugular. It's clear to me that Halo is trying to make a name for himself so he can brag to his internet friends on various other GNR websites. "Hey, have you guys been following me schooling Jarmo on HTGTH? How awesome am I?"

Plus, the guy seems to be full of shit. He claims to know things he has no clue about and he changes his story. Not too long ago he claimed that an album would be out in 2013, now he's backed off of that. He's an attention seeker, plain and simple.

That, in my mind makes him a giant douche.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
faldor wrote:

I didn't think Jarmo went below the belt with any of the things he said. Halo did. He got personal and a bit nasty. And even if he felt ganged up on, just because you may feel insulted, the answer isn't always to fire it up a notch and go for the jugular. It's clear to me that Halo is trying to make a name for himself so he can brag to his internet friends on various other GNR websites. "Hey, have you guys been following me schooling Jarmo on HTGTH? How awesome am I?"

Plus, the guy seems to be full of shit. He claims to know things he has no clue about and he changes his story. Not too long ago he claimed that an album would be out in 2013, now he's backed off of that. He's an attention seeker, plain and simple.

That, in my mind makes him a giant douche.

Jesus Faldo, Jarmo told him to "Fuck Off" told him was nothing, a nobody etc...where did Halo get worse than that??? Even the saner posters called Jarmo out for his insults to Halo and other posters. You would NEVER see the mods here behave the same way..

I am not here to defend Halo, I have not been to HGTH in a year or more and don't know him at all, never heard of him, but I did not see the guy be in any way more posionous as anybody else there. What he said was true in many cases.

I think you're dragging in other situations into this to form an overall opinion of Halo but for an outsider like me looking in on the Jarmo show, I think that boy has lost it. He's either an arrogant tosser who feels king of his tiny hill or a scared little soldier who is terrified of his boss.

Its probably a bit of both I reckon.

Board footer