You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Re: Favorite Gnr Song From Each Album

Bro-mero wrote:

I was quite surprised that I was the only one that thinks Paradise City is the best song off of AFD. Lot more Nightrain fans than I initially thought

Also thought Estranged would be a bigger landslide than it turned about to be, around 50% of us had Estranged as their favorite UYI 2 song

Estranged has always been my favorite GnR song of all time, one of the most well crafted songs I've ever listened to

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Agreed!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Some of this is hard cause after twenty plus years u get so burnt out... I chose scom cause it got me into gnr and the guitar is why I started playing etc. ..

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

afd-rocket queen
lies-one in a million
uyi1-the garden
uyi2-estranged
spaghetti-black leather
live era-you're crazy
cd-this i love

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Least favorites:
AFD- You're Crazy
Lies- Mamma Kin
UYI 1- Bad Apples
UYI 2- My World
TSI?- I Don't Care About You
CD- Riad

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

ok then.....least fav's

afd-you're crazy
lies-mama kin
uyi1-garden of eden
uyi2-shotgun blues
spaghetti- you can't put your arms around a memory
cd-scraped

AFD: Welcome To The Jungle
Lies: You're Crazy
UYI 1: Coma
UYI 2: You Could Be Mine
TSI: Hair Of The Dog
CD: There Was A Time

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Least Favs:

AFD: You're Crazy (Seems in a different style to the rest of GNR. The bluesier version on lies has better vocals and solos IMO)

Lies: Move to the City (it's a great song but the live version destroys this studio cut - now it feels like it's "missing" the jam at the end)

UYI1: You ain't the first (cute little mock your ex song, but there's already enough of GNR in this style on lies)

UYI2: Don't Cry Alternate (my little brain can't process 2 versions of the same song very easily, so I chose the more traditional version to keep. I like this but I could have left it as a novelty B-Side)

TSI: You can't put your arms around a memory

CD: Sorry / Prostitute (While Axl is mocked for taking too long with stuff - prostitute to me feels like an absolute classic that's missing something - maybe it's a solo I dunno - it's genius and the string ending is amazing...but somewhere in the middle it needed something else I think. I really like it anyway...but if I had to pick something...I do notice that. As for sorry...well Axl can tell all his fans to get fucked....but we don't have to like it. I'm not sure why there's such love for this tune, it's ok...but it's kinda a B side to me compared to the rest of CD. Thinking about CD again - love or hate it - I think it's a very consistent album - there's no obvious weak links like in the earlier albums.

johndivney wrote:

Monkey wtf?!

I love ya but that list is fucked up. Those songs are awesome!

To the bar..

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

He's allowed to have his own personal tastes. I don't see the appeal with Sorry either. I do love You Ain't The First though. Very laidback acoustic jam. Nothing too complex.

Board footer