You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

apex-twin wrote:
Ali wrote:

Original GN'R songs:

Orlando 09/02/1992: 12
Vegas 11/24/2012:  20

How much the AFD songs have been done since 2001:

http://www.gunsnroses-livestats.com/album.php?album=1

It's a safe bet half the album is played virtually at every show.

How much for CD?

http://www.gunsnroses-livestats.com/album.php?album=6

Street of Dreams and Chinese have been around virtually all along. This I Love turned out to be another regular.  Better is mostly there.

Shackler bounces on and off. Maddy is surprisingly irregular, always has been.

Catcher and TWAT came up more often during/since the Vegas shows.

Sorry was dropped from the setlist before Vegas. IRS was dropped in 2010.

All other songs (Riad, If the World, Prostitute, Scraped) have mostly been absent, barring very few instances.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

You're saying a Guns N' Roses show today offers more than a Guns N' Roses show 20 years ago?  I'll take quality over quantity everyday of the week but to each their own. The vast majority would agree the cost/bang ratio  was way better 20 years ago.

Quality is subjective, quantity is not.  I don't see how either one of us can know what the "vast majority" would agree to.  I'm only speaking from my own personal experiences at GN'R shows.

Ali

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
otto wrote:

Some of the videos are starting to leak....
Paradise City:

Footage looks awesome and NO OVERDUBS!

Like others of said, the video made the Joint look huge, that place is tiny, but cool as shit.

Fortus' tone at intro was pretty Slash esque, that is good.

Axl sounded like total shit. 

Everything else was very nice.

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

I don't like the stage set, it's too busy, too tacky and it doesn't read hard rock - or anything remotely related to rock - at all. It's like a cheap pop production that even Katy Perry or Kesha would turn down.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Same performance with Rasp and we'd be cooking with gas...but it just sounds like an impersonator at the moment.

Sky Dog wrote:

well, I do agree with that

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Quality is subjective, quantity is not.  I don't see how either one of us can know what the "vast majority" would agree to.  I'm only speaking from my own personal experiences at GN'R shows.

Ali

roll Yes Ali I'm pretty damn sure we both know what the vast majority would choose.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Like others of said, the video made the Joint look huge, that place is tiny.

It's the "camera adds 10 lbs effect"  I was shocked at how small the sets were at David Letterman and Jimmy Kimmel when I went to the shows in person.  I didn't expect the sets to be huge but I was shocked at how small they actually were.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl sounded like total shit. 

Everything else was very nice.

Axl sounded like shit. His look and moves were also ridiculous. He really needs to retire or start working on his voice and stamina. He should have years ago. I'd prefer a playback performance over his live singin' right now. He's awful.

The band was really great though. Very great. They deserve and need to hire a better singer to form a super tribute band. Or a new one that makes and releases music.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

The band was really great though. Very great. They deserve and need to hire a better singer to form a super tribute band. Or a new one that makes and releases music.

That's the depressing bit, right?

Leaving the band name issue out of this, Ax currently has a more than proficient lineup behind him, a group that genuinely seems to like one another and would certainly have a good album or two under their belts. It's way better in terms of chemistry / skill than most backing bands for lead singers and a lot more than what he deserves at this point. He rewards them by doing fuck all aside touring. Coward; he could easily do a new song or two again live, to test the waters and allow the band to feel smug about playing new stuff they created as a unit.

Board footer