You are not logged in. Please register or login.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

harmon420 wrote:

He could easily throw the fanbase a bone and play one new song. I really don't think that's an extreme request. Even if it's a throwaway song that he has no intention of putting on a record. It's sickening how starved gn'r fans are for a single morsale of new material.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

The band was really great though. Very great. They deserve and need to hire a better singer to form a super tribute band. Or a new one that makes and releases music.

That's the depressing bit, right?

Leaving the band name issue out of this, Ax currently has a more than proficient lineup behind him, a group that genuinely seems to like one another and would certainly have a good album or two under their belts. It's way better in terms of chemistry / skill than most backing bands for lead singers and a lot more than what he deserves at this point. He rewards them by doing fuck all aside touring. Coward; he could easily do a new song or two again live, to test the waters and allow the band to feel smug about playing new stuff they created as a unit.

Absolutely. These guys are dedicated and professional musicians who want to deliver and do deliver. They save the show and Axl's ass. If the delivered only on Axl's level, the fans would eat them alive after 3 songs. They cloak the weakest point. Ain't it funny that we still have the debate that this isn't GN'R cause the players changed, when the biggest hiatus is Axl himself?

Sky Dog wrote:

I have to agree....

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Ain't it funny that we still have the debate that this isn't GN'R cause the players changed, when the biggest hiatus is Axl himself?

It's not Guns N' Roses because Axl's not giving them a chance to be Guns N' Roses. This is true to all post-93 lineups; key players on CD were absent by the time the album was out; they'd had to settle to be an AFD tribute band, the current lineup is a CD/AFD tribute band. That ain't right when taking into account the work they put up into this band.

Axl may not owe the public another album, but he sure as shit owes one to the current lineup.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

It's not Guns N' Roses because Axl's not giving them a chance to be Guns N' Roses.

We should make a GNREvo banner of this and take to the next legs of the Cashagraboldmanwithacane tour...

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

That pc is terrible

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl sounded like total shit. 

Everything else was very nice.

Axl sounded like shit. His look and moves were also ridiculous. He really needs to retire or start working on his voice and stamina. He should have years ago. I'd prefer a playback performance over his live singin' right now. He's awful.

The band was really great though. Very great. They deserve and need to hire a better singer to form a super tribute band. Or a new one that makes and releases music.

16 glad to see the response to the part I bolded is more accepted these days. I've been saying this for YEARS. I said it so long ago and people bashed me and flamed me and gave me negative karma 14  Fact is tis band deserves better than Axl Rose as their singer.  He's definitey the weak link and the guy who's suffocating the entire thing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Hopefully they don't add the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame thing again to the opening title screens like they did the last trailer for the 02 show. Sounds like things are shaping up with this film though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer