You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Velvet Revolver -Dublin March 13th AWESOME

Intercourse wrote:

Guys,
I went to the Ambassador last night to catch my first VR gig.
Man what a show. It's a small venue about 1200 max, and old so looked great in the stage light. The band strode on about 9:45pm and took off with 'Let it Roll' never one of my favouriyes but tonight the band were on fire and Libertad tunes really took off more so than the record allows them.

It's amazing how youtube etc doesn't really capture how explosive and tight the band are. Scott was amazing, he kicked major ass. He sang well and moved with frantic energy around the stage, he was drenched in sweat and sang perfectly.  He is a sulky fucker though, he sang 'Patience' in the shadows behind the band leaving Duff and Slash out front alone - the symbolism was not lost on me and many others. He seemed bemused by the general pandemonium and delirium that greets the GNR songs despite the fact that the old STP numbers went down a storm and the crowd sang along.
I used to hate Matt's drumming but man alive nowadays he OWNS the kit. He is so confident on that drum riser; he holds the whole thing together so well.
Duff had family at the gig and called them out; he kept smiling at them and us at the front. He looks amazing for a man in his forties, his arms are rock solid and he comes across as a very serene thoughtful kind of bloke.

Slash played a blinder, no sloppiness. Again, like the others he looks great:  slim, fit, happy. He  and Scott smoked throughout the gig - now illegal in Ireland. Nice to see a bit of rebellion.
Dave was excellent and played his ass off, he seems to get ignored by all members all of the time - I felt sorry for him, he seems very nice and extremely proficient.
Scott didn't speak to any of the band members once. Duff gave him a couple of looks that I would describe as strained. Man they can play but it's obvious things could be better between them.

Catch this band before they seperate, I think they'd wipe the floor with Axl's over-thought colossus called GNR and pretty much everyone else out there/
Intercourse.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

Thanks Rus. It was pure uncynical energy, not the lasy posturings of bored millionaires, they really seemed to thrive on the cheers and drive each song so very hard for middle aged men.

My fiancee is not a fan and I'd count as an all 'round dolly bird, into Amy Winehouse etc but she was buzzed by the whole thing. She'd never seen a band play good rock n roll and the energy was a great surprise to her.

I have a feeling many will give Libertad a shot after  last night. They play a second night tonight, hopefully people will get the night we did.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i was the same with Contraband after i saw the band live then i appreciated them much more

they put on a great show and i'm glad you enjoyed it 21 22

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

maybe they should record their albums live like AC/DC and release them, it seems to 'explain' the songs a lot better..

Board footer