You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: JJ Abrams to direct Star Wars Episode VII

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

http://collider.com/wp-content/image-ba … alm_01.jpg

The immediate problems arising from this:

A whole film about Boba Fett means you got to humanize him, that means taking the mask off. Which in turn will demystify the whole character.

Replacing Harrison Ford as Han Solo? No, that's impossible!

They demystified him when they showed him as a little brat kid in Attack of the Clones.  Not as bad as devaluing Yoda's zen like character though. The prequels ruined so much.  I wish they could be erased from existence.

I think you could "unmask" Boba Fett and have it work as long as you got some unknown actor who looks badass and probably good looking in a rugged manly man kinda way wth a rugh growly kinda voice. More Hugh Jackman than say Ryan Reynolds 16

agree with the problem of Han Solo though. Who the hell could they ever get to pull that off? The character is way too iconic.

I could see someone like Anna Kendrick taking on the Princess Leia role maybe if they ever had a need for a young Leia

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, but that was just a short back story. A full movie? There's just so many more things that can go wrong. If they're going to give him a love interest it's a suicide mission.

But as you say that's nothing compared to Han Solo. That's gotta be an automatic fail.

Bono

Bono wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, but that was just a short back story. A full movie? There's just so many more things that can go wrong. If they're going to give him a love interest it's a suicide mission.

But as you say that's nothing compared to Han Solo. That's gotta be an automatic fail.

Who said they were going to give him a love interest? Anyways wouldn't  we expect a cool, badass mofo like Boba Fett to be somewhat of a ladies man?  I could see Boba Fett being the kind of character to run through the ladies.  He doesn't need to have a steady love interest but if he did she'd be some smuggler, bounty hunter, shady type character anyways. I actually really think Boba Fett makes for the most interesting spin off by far.

Han Solo woul be intersting too but I just can't imagine anyone playing him other than Harrison Ford and he's just too old now.  the fact it'd be near impossible to cast Han Solo effectvely makes it an automatic fail in my opinion.

But like Me_Wise_Magi aid, I aslo think they should just put all their focus into episodes 7, 8, 9. Restore the franchise with a killer trilogy with great scripts, good dialogue, actions scenes that look real and not like video games etc etc etc. I'd rather have 3 awesome movies than ten good ones.

I'm cautiously optimistic the people in charge of doing this, know the fans don't want more of what Lucas gve us in episodes 1-3. We want what episodes 4-6 were.  I'm scared though we'll get more "Jar Jar" type shit  and more dance sequence lightsaber battles.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Bona fett looks like the clones and jango fett ...since he is a clone of his "father" ...the current clone war cartoon series deals with some of the story of his childhood

It could focus on him assembling his armour and where hos feud with solo comes from

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Neemo wrote:

Bona fett looks like the clones and jango fett ...since he is a clone of his "father" ...the current clone war cartoon series deals with some of the story of his childhood

It could focus on him assembling his armour and where hos feud with solo comes from

The Clone Wars show brings some good story lines from time to time. Haven't caught up with it in quite awhile. They improved Anakin as a character a ton in that show and the animation got alot better after the first few seasons. The problem is of course they have to do elements that tie up the loose ends of Episodes 2 & 3 and even 1 since Darth Maul comes back. Both 1 & 2 already had a ton of holes in their scripts already.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

and even 1 since Darth Maul comes back. Both 1 & 2 already had a ton of holes in their scripts already.

Oh fuck. The very fact Darth Maul died in Phantom Menace was so beyond stupid. Proof right there that Georges Lucas had lost his fucking mind. Darth Maul had the high ground did he not 16

Fuck I could shit all over the prequels all day long. Literally 3 of the worst movies of all time.

Me_Wise_Magic

In the show it turns out Maul didn't die; but just lost his fucking mind and had to get his legs and powers back from an alien witch. Yeah...it's that bizarre of a cop out. 16 But..the episodes I did see with Maul were badass and his voice actor made the character and I think he was in a few of the Force Unleashed games that weren't so good. Well I thought Episode 3 wasn't completely off the rails. It had it's good scenes in my opinion. Just Anakin needed to be recast completely. Hayden just can't act.

Bono

Bono wrote:

What should've happend to Darth Maul and it was obvious to me from the moment they prematurely killed him off, is that Anakin should've been the one to kill him in Episode 3.

Episode 1: The ending should've just had Maul looming over Obi-Wan for a bit the way he was, yes kick Obi-Wan's lightsaber down the hole but eventually Maul should've just left. Obi-Wan's  amazing escape from dangling there should've been excuted in a more realistic way and done so after Maul had left.

Episode 2: Should've had another stalemate lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Maul. Anakin at this point should not have had any real run ins with Maul. Would make it more real when Anakin meets him later and doesn't really trust him but doesn't really know him or his true motives

Episode 3: The scene when Mace Windu and the Jedi Masters go to arrest Palpatine should've been Mace and Anakin only. When they arrive Darth Maul should've been there with Palpatine. A 2 on 2 lightsaber battle should've ensued. They should've had some emotional dialogue going on with Palpatine manipulating an confusing Anakin. Anakin should've then saved Palpatine as Mace was about to kill him and in the confusion Darth Maul should've killed Mace. At this point Anakin should've been more confused than anything but now looking to Palpatne more then ever for guidence.... end scene or whatever...

Then the tension and distrust should've obviously built between Anakin and Maul to the point where Maul advises Palpatine to get rid of Anakin because he can't be trusted. This enrages Anakin and in an attempt to win the favour of Palpatine Anakin should've attacked Maul in a fit of rage and defeat him thus completeing his journey to the dark side.  As for Palpatine's "scaring" due to his lightning bolts being reflected back off Mace Windu's lightsaber... fuck that bullshit. Palpatine should've been scared  but not to Frakenstien  levels, during his fight with Yoda which shoud've been in a completely  different setting then it was and without Yoda using a lightsaber. Yoda's powers should've been strictly force driven.  Also the fact both of them were throwing those  pods at eah other was just stupid.

That's how I'd have done it. Would've been ten times cooler.

Me_Wise_Magic

That does sound really appealing and well thought out. The only thing would be missing is of course the legendary Sir Christopher Lee as Count Dooku, which I admit was another good acting choice; but highly underused within Episode 3. Killing him off in the first couple minutes of the film was bullshit. It was the whole thing with Return of the King in LOTR like what was the point of him being in the film in the first place and the waste of great talent.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

That does sound really appealing and well thought out. The only thing would be missing is of course the legendary Sir Christopher Lee as Count Dooku, which I admit was another good acting choice; but highly underused within Episode 3. Killing him off in the first couple minutes of the film was bullshit. It was the whole thing with Return of the King in LOTR like what was the point of him being in the film in the first place and the waste of great talent.

See that's one thing Lucas got right in my opinion. I still think Dooku had a place and even with my altered scenario I'd not have taken Dooku out. I probably would have even expanded his character in Episode 2. I liked that Anakin killed him  and early  in Episode 3. It added to Anakin's character. He had to kill another Jedi/Sith along his way towards the darkside. 1. to show how strong he was growing and 2. by doing it the way he did when he knew full well it was against Jedi code so to speak it showed the darkside was in him and starting to take him. His transformation to Sith was ridiculous enough as it was with how quickly it happened. I mean in one scene he's threatening to kill Palpatine and then reports him to the jedi Council and in the very next scene he's full blown Sith Lord refering to Palpatine as master and willing to kill younglings and all the Jedi iclig Obi-Wan. So ridiculous.  So had they not had the scene where he killed Dooku it would've been even worse. I actually like how he killed Dooku. No mercy shown. Absolutely Sith like.  I hated however the way he pledged his alegiance to Palpatine so quickly after he watched him kill Windu.

As for Dooku's character again,  I wasn't a big fan and I blame that all on Lucas. Shitty dialogue, terrible story line. I agree Christopher Lee was a great choice but sadly became a complete waste of talent like so many of he actors in the prequels.

And Battle Droids? Are you fucking kidding me? And the way they talked "Roger Roger" such cheap comedy added for little kids.

Ugh!

Board footer