You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: Bring Back Robin Finck "Tank"

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Have to back Bono up here.

These recent posts about you wanting the 2002 lineup back and not caring about the current lineup come out of left field, when you called most of us negative for supposedly not supporting the current lineup, when most of us actually do... 10 14

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Have to back Bono up here.

These recent posts about you wanting the 2002 lineup back and not caring about the current lineup come out of left field, when you called most of us negative for supposedly not supporting the current lineup, when most of us actually do... 10 14

16 yup. Guess it's us "negative" people who are actually more supportive of THIS band seeing as though we're the ones who actually want them to do something yet the "positive" peeps like ID don't give a shit and just want a 2002 reunion. Unreal. Gotta love it to when a guy accuses others of hating the band and bashing the members yet he sits there and says how much he dislikes DJ and  doens't give a shit at all about new material involving Ron and DJ.

It's beyond hilarious.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Monkey, I put DJ in the same category as Myles, too. Almost called him Axl's Myles. Good post.

Bono wrote:

16 give it up. You're so caught in your own little web. Crying and moaning again that I didn't buy the album. Get it fucking straight ID, we've gone over this a million times. I was never buying CD  whether I liked it or not. The reason I didn't buy it is well known so you can stop with the bullshit that i didn't buy it because I hate the band and pretend to be a fan. I don't and never have constantly attacked members of the band. I've been critical of Axl Rose and his antics and performance yet I'm a  guy who's contantly stood up for him when it comes to his weight and shit like that. I've simply stated which songs I don't like which ones I do like just as anyone else.  Differece between you and me is I do give a shit about THIS band, would love to hear them do something of their own. You sit here now and say how you don't give a shit about them and would way rather have a 2002 reunion yet you fuking chastize people who wanted a 87-93 reunion as people living in the past who can't get over it Bahahahahaha!

16 Hilarious how hypcritical and contradicting your last few posts have been and you can't even see it.

I see that I've said the exact same thing I've said all along for years (not out of left field, sorry metalex). Thing is, most of the 2002 band is STILL in the band. And I'm open to their new music. That's what we call being consistent, home boy. 15

Yep, y'all are all much more supportive than I am. So supportive you don't buy the album because *weep weep* Axl owes you, you don't like his new music, you don't like how he performs, his shows, or how he sings (but you won't call him fat! good for you!). Yeah, you're a bunch of crazy fanbois. Congrats. Knock yourselves out with that. 16

Bono

Bono wrote:

I've never seen anyone put a bigger foot in their mouth as you did tonight. Justify it all you want everyone saw your posts.

You don't know what I like and don't like. You're so narrow minded I could list the 3 songs on CD I really like and you'd whine that I don't like the new music because I don't jerk off to Catcher or There Was a Time. I could say I think Shacklers is cool but then you'd bitch because I don't like The Blues.  That's your style. You incessantly focus on what other's don't like. I could say how much I'd like to see this new band record an album and you'd bitch that I don't like CD. You always whine about how I don't like the new music well newsflash jack there isn't any new music. Most of the "new" music is 5 years old, the rest is more than 10 years old and it's from a band that doesn't exist anymore. You have no fucking clue what I or anyone will think of NEW music. Yet you act like you've already heard a new album. I just said I think Ballad of Death is better than anything on CD nd I've been o tat opinion since I first heard it. To you that makes me a hater but to anyone else with an ounce of common sense it says maybe I'd actually like an album that DJ contributed to.  I could tell you how I thought the show I saw in 2010 was kick ass and Axl sounded amazing but then you'd cry like a baby when I  expressed an opinion shared by many that Axl often sounds like shit these days.  Why would you do that? Cause you focus on negativity. You dislike the newband, admited to having no interest in hearing new material from them and your only interest is in hearing new material from the 2002 lineup. That's a vastly different attitude than my "negative" one that wants to hear THIS band record an album. Funny how you turned the tables on yourself.

As for me not buying CD, well here it is for ya "home boy" one more time. Try and warp you little mind around it ok since you seem to bring this shit up way more than me  Fact is I travelled multiple times across the continent to see the new band, the 2002 lineup, the 2006 lineup and was excited for the album but when they blatantly jerked fans around in 2006 with stupid Tuesdays left, toured under the false promise of an album and then Axl's pathetic excuse of a letter  I made a decision that they would not get my money based on an album purchase. You have a way bigger issue with that than I do trust me. It's fucking weird how you bring that up all the time as if I personally insulted you by not buyig it. You think I think it was about Axl owing me something but that's not it but again you lack the capacity to understand that. The fact I haven't purchased the album shows that when it comes to my word I have pretty fucking awesome integrity. I said I would not buy it and I never did. You can fixate on that all you want. It's weird that you do but whatever. Nevermind the fact I've alway stated if they released a new album I would buy it. If I did though you'd bitch that I didn't buy CD cause that's what you do.

Bono

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

YES! YES! YES!

finck 9

I don't even give a shit about new music from THIS line up. I don't care about new Ron and DJ songs. Robin and Bucket are the only era I care about hearing from. Make this happen. Now.

misterID wrote:

Thing is, most of the 2002 band is STILL in the band. And I'm open to their new music. That's what we call being consistent, home boy. 15

16 I've never seen so much consistency in my life home boy.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Not a big fan of Finck at all but still would take him over Ashba any day of the week at least he was original

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Retire the GNR name or reunite with Slash, Izzy & Duff.

Enough already.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:

I've never seen anyone put a bigger foot in their mouth as you did tonight. Justify it all you want everyone saw your posts.

You don't know what I like and don't like. You're so narrow minded I could list the 3 songs on CD I really like and you'd whine that I don't like the new music because I don't jerk off to Catcher or There Was a Time. I could say I think Shacklers is cool but then you'd bitch because I don't like The Blues.  That's your style. You incessantly focus on what other's don't like. I could say how much I'd like to see this new band record an album and you'd bitch that I don't like CD. You always whine about how I don't like the new music well newsflash jack there isn't any new music. Most of the "new" music is 5 years old, the rest is more than 10 years old and it's from a band that doesn't exist anymore. You have no fucking clue what I or anyone will think of NEW music. Yet you act like you've already heard a new album. I just said I think Ballad of Death is better than anything on CD nd I've been o tat opinion since I first heard it. To you that makes me a hater but to anyone else with an ounce of common sense it says maybe I'd actually like an album that DJ contributed to.  I could tell you how I thought the show I saw in 2010 was kick ass and Axl sounded amazing but then you'd cry like a baby when I  expressed an opinion shared by many that Axl often sounds like shit these days.  Why would you do that? Cause you focus on negativity. You dislike the newband, admited to having no interest in hearing new material from them and your only interest is in hearing new material from the 2002 lineup. That's a vastly different attitude than my "negative" one that wants to hear THIS band record an album. Funny how you turned the tables on yourself.

As for me not buying CD, well here it is for ya "home boy" one more time. Try and warp you little mind around it ok since you seem to bring this shit up way more than me  Fact is I travelled multiple times across the continent to see the new band, the 2002 lineup, the 2006 lineup and was excited for the album but when they blatantly jerked fans around in 2006 with stupid Tuesdays left, toured under the false promise of an album and then Axl's pathetic excuse of a letter  I made a decision that they would not get my money based on an album purchase. You have a way bigger issue with that than I do trust me. It's fucking weird how you bring that up all the time as if I personally insulted you by not buyig it. You think I think it was about Axl owing me something but that's not it but again you lack the capacity to understand that. The fact I haven't purchased the album shows that when it comes to my word I have pretty fucking awesome integrity. I said I would not buy it and I never did. You can fixate on that all you want. It's weird that you do but whatever. Nevermind the fact I've alway stated if they released a new album I would buy it. If I did though you'd bitch that I didn't buy CD cause that's what you do.

I can't even believe you actually care this much 16

You can be the number one super duper new line up fan there is. Go for it. It's all yours. You and your "awesome integrity." I could mention how you used to bring this stuff up all the time, but these arguments are stupid. Seriously. I'm done with the Bono show.

Yes, I'm consistant. I'm not a fan of DJ or Ron, but I am open to their new music. I like Axl, Tommy, Richard and Mother Goose. That's why I'm still here. I'd MUCH rather have the vault untouched than new music by those two. I've said that for a while. There you go, homes.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Yes, I wish Axl would bring Robin back. And Buckethead too, and Brain along with 'em. I realise that's massively unlikely, if the antagonism between Bucket and Robin, and Bucket and Stinson that's been alluded to is true. Though as an aside, I'd sacrifice literally anyone to get Bucket back. Stinson doesn't like him? Fuck him. Get Duff back.

Axl's happy and settled with the current line-up, and they all seem to be stand-up guys – but the 2001/2002-era line-up was the one that got me into GN'R. The perfect GN'R for me would be the 2002-era line-up, but with 2006-era Axl's look and voice. That band would've killed.

robin bucket

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

No point? So far he's proven to be a far better songwriter than DJ.

Not sure about that...to my knowledge Robin's only songwriting credit is Better...DJ has commercially successful writing credits with Sixx:AM and Motley Crue under his belt.

Unless you mean because Axl released an Album with a Robin song on it and not with DJ.

But if we're going to transmute Axl's decisions on to the band members you'd have to note a bunch of stuff that wouldn't go down well....like Slash was able to get 5 EPs/Albums out of Axl.....and that when Robin and Bucket were in the band not only did they not get an album out (until BOTH members had quit) and that the only tour they lanched with that line up in 2002 also went belly-up.

So it's better to consider what the members can do separately from what they do when with Axl.

And DJ has proven himself to be able to walk the line between classic rock and relevant to the current rock audience very well.

I'm no expert on DJs stuff, but from what I've heard I prefer Robin. Both the way he plays guitar and how he structures his solos.

And I don't really think it was the writing that hindered a release from the 02 band. It was Axl being an insecure perfectionist and having the freedom to work on it forever. Buckethead and Finck put down some great stuff, many fans agree and from what we hear so does Axl. Not getting the desired reaction from "the world" whenever new music surfaced seems to have been the major hold up.

Bono wrote:

DJ's Ballad of Death trumps everything on CD in my opinion.

75900PCN_LanaAxl16.jpg

Board footer