You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Dropping the Needle Podcast with Alan Niven

Aussie wrote:

I watched the first part and there was a couple of GN'R mentions, although it sounds like they had quite a few questions but ran out of time (even tho the podcast goes for an hour), so they are doing a follow up podcast to focus on his time with GN'R and Great White etc.  I'll try and post that whenever I notice it's done.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Fair bit of dribble be interesting to here about gunners

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Here's the next part of the talk with Alan, this time they purely discuss Guns for over an hour. They still ran out of time so are going to do a part 3 which will discuss the renegotiation with Geffen and the Maynard's (Yoda).

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Good listen. Looking forward to part 3

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Listened to a bit of this in bed last night before I fell asleep. Maybe I'll pick up where I left off tonight. I know the story isn't new, but him talking about Keith Richards telling Slash not to leave Guns. I wish he would've taken that advice. Obviously it's easy for ME to say that though.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, had it playing in the background last night while I was working. Very interesting stuff there, especially Alan's marketing strategies for the early days of the band.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Host: "were there any ghost musicians on Appetite"
Niven: "what"
Host: "Ghost musicians, other people that played"
Niven: "No, Fuck no, its Guns N Roses dude".

Punk as mother fucker I guaran dam tee you thought some 80's virtuoso played Slash's lead parts.  Fuck him.  That bullshit rumor came from little jealous fucks that can't beleive he played that Paradise City outro solo or SCOM.

johndivney wrote:

looking fwd to next installment

that james hetfield motherfucker looked bored as fuck most of that pt2 while the canadian guy coulda done a bit of research
tbh i thought most of pt2 was all old hat, nothing i hadn't heard before but the next part promises to shed some light on the break-up shud be good for a laugh

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Host: "were there any ghost musicians on Appetite"
Niven: "what"
Host: "Ghost musicians, other people that played"
Niven: "No, Fuck no, its Guns N Roses dude".

Punk as mother fucker I guaran dam tee you thought some 80's virtuoso played Slash's lead parts.  Fuck him.  That bullshit rumor came from little jealous fucks that can't beleive he played that Paradise City outro solo or SCOM.

I think he's proven over the years that either he played them or he learned how to play them note for note pretty quickly...and Slash doesn't seem like a learned how to play it all note for note pretty quickly kind of guy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer