You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Axl Rose: the extended interview (Adelaide Now)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Because most of the people that care what he has to say don't care if he's being truthful.

Sky Dog wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Just got a chance to read the entire thing and I have a question. Why make these claims:

W. Axl Rose wrote:

a sold out US arena tour, a sold out US club tour...and a sold out month residency at the Hard Rock Hotel

None of that is even remotely true, so why make the claims?

utterly delusional...so delusional that it makes me believe the Malibu Mafia wrote it...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Just got a chance to read the entire thing and I have a question. Why make these claims:

W. Axl Rose wrote:

a sold out US arena tour, a sold out US club tour...and a sold out month residency at the Hard Rock Hotel

utterly delusional...so delusional that it makes me believe the Malibu Mafia wrote it...

Or it could just be what they told him and he wouldn't bother to go on a fact finding mission.  As is often the case with these stories we're told and claims that are made, they are based on a sliver of truth.  As in, maybe a few arena's did sell out, I'm sure some of those UCAP shows sold out, and maybe a few nights in Vegas were sellouts.  But EVERY show?  Certainly not.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Axl needs a barring order slapped on him wrt  to accessing that part of his brain that just obsesses over Slash.

Trying to make Slash out to be some arch villian for actually being a musician who wanted to do his job and go out and tour a Number 1 double album??? That's fucking saaad.
And by the way, Axl old chum, we have hours of footage of you on the UYI stage looking like you were having a pretty good fucking time.
Why won't ANYBODY in Axl's life call him out on this kind of stuff?

In fairness, I wasn't aware Axl was miserable during the 2002 NA tour or that 2008 was the "worst fucking year of his life" when he was playing those epically long shows in Japan.  As crazy as he is, he doesn't let his miseries carry with him onstage.  For the most part.  Obviously there have been a few examples of him not being in a great mood on stage, eg. Rio, Dublin, etc.  But he very well could have been in a bad place early on in the UYI tour without showing so outwardly.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

W. Axl Rose wrote:

I think he meant the weddings and being a sell-out.

tongue

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
johndivney wrote:

completely disingenuous attempt at an apology that
as is the notion they made a 'concerted effort' to make it up to the fans in cities where he fucked the concert up or things have gotten 'complicated'. by making it up to the fans his idea is charging them another $70/$80 for a ticket. deluded horseshit is what he's spewing.

Touring is a significant income stream for these guys.  It's how they make money, through ticket and merchandise sales.  Rarely is that not the case, other than a benefit show.  Other than a make-up for a show that was recently cancelled in a comparable venue, I don't see any other path towards making this up to the fans in areas like Montreal, Philly and Atlanta considering the gaps in time.

Ali

johndivney wrote:

Where there's a will there's a way.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Del James' interview with Axl Rip Magazine, 1992 mid- UYI Tour

DEL: When you and Slash aren't at each other's throats, you're really a force to be reckoned with.

AXL: Let me say something about us being at each other's throats: We haven't really been that way in the past year and a half. I love the guy. We're like opposite poles of energy, and we balance each other out. We push each other to work harder and complement each other that way. We had a run-in in Dayton [Ohio], because both myself and Dougie thought he said something shitty to me onstage. That was the night I cut my hand to the bone. Backstage we have monitors much like the ones onstage, and while I was back there dealing with my hand, I thought I heard him take a potshot at me. I wrapped my hand up in a towel and was like, "Let's get it taken care of, so I can finish the show." I came back onstage and was a dick to him and told him I'd kick his f?!king ass in front of 20,000 people. That was f?!ked up. I was wrong, and I apologized the second I realized I was mistaken. Someone who is supporting me as strongly as he does is a hand I never want to bite.

Board footer