You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses at the Malaysian Grand Prix 24th March 2013

metallex78 wrote:

F1 Grand Prix, Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia - 24th March 2013

Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Estranged
Better
Rocket Queen
Richard fortus solo
Live And Let Die
This I love
Dizzy Reed solo (No Quarter)
Catcher In The Rye
You Could Be Mine
DJ Ashba Solo (Mi Amor)
Sweet Child O' Mine
Jam (another brick in the wall 2)/November rain
Bumblefoot solo Objectify
Don't cry
Used To Love Her
Knockin' On Heaven's Door (dedicated to Beta's father, who passed away last night)
Jam/Nightrain

Encore:
Jam/Patience
The Seeker
Jam/Paradise City

63931_10151294499655059_1872809881_n.jpg

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

It's been a bit quiet here in the GN'R section, just keeping everyone up to date with shows they're playing, so we can all continue bitching about set lists and how bad Axl sounds... 16 19

Bro-mero
 Rep: 23 

Bro-mero wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

just keeping everyone up to date with shows they're playing, so we can all continue bitching about set lists and how bad Axl sounds... 16 19

Sounds good to me! 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

these things always make me consider what it must be like being in a band...you know like last weekend they're playing in my home town....days later it's over to Malaysia....I see they're in KL now....who know's where the next week....must be the most crazy lifestyle....

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

You raise a valid point monkey, as it's easy for casual concert-goers to forget the grim realities of consistent touring.

Duff wrote:

At this moment in time, I am absolutely balls to the wall, touring with Loaded, as well as doing a book tour over here in the UK.

Typical day: Wake up in bus on ferry being tossed violently in Irish Sea. Get out of bunk to find that the bus power is off. That means? No coffee. No internet. No light, and NO going above decks as the door going upstairs are locked during the voyage.
Arrive at dock in Belfast, where car from U.K. publishing company is waiting to take me to HMV store for book signing (still no coffee). LOTS of people there. I get coffee.

Then to sound check, where we run through stuff that needs a running through. Eat. Can't forget to do THAT!

Call home.

Play rock show, and do meet and great type of thingy afterwards. Go to sleep.

Repeat all of this for next 9 straight days.

Day off (well, this "day off," actually turned into a flight to Santiago, Chile from London).

Repeat above steps for following 10 days.

Day off (THIS "day off' is a flight back to Germany from Sau Paulo, Brazil)

Tour with Motorhead in Germany for remainder of November.

- the Duff blog

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm glad they kept the "Another Brick In The Wall" intro for NV. I really wish they would have kept Sailing in the set.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Makes me sad that on this leg Street of Dreams is gone, although is nice to see Catcher on.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

You raise a valid point monkey, as it's easy for casual concert-goers to forget the grim realities of consistent touring.

Duff wrote:

At this moment in time, I am absolutely balls to the wall, touring with Loaded, as well as doing a book tour over here in the UK.

Typical day: Wake up in bus on ferry being tossed violently in Irish Sea. Get out of bunk to find that the bus power is off. That means? No coffee. No internet. No light, and NO going above decks as the door going upstairs are locked during the voyage.
Arrive at dock in Belfast, where car from U.K. publishing company is waiting to take me to HMV store for book signing (still no coffee). LOTS of people there. I get coffee.

- the Duff blog

Ouch...yeah that's the kind of thing. The transport side of it would have to get old. I was thinking the same thing looking at Del James and Jarmo recently - on one hand they have an awesome job I'd kill for, at the same time, I look at them and think "this is night 50 across the other side of the world from your family" and so on.

I remember reading slash's schedule once and thinking yikes

Board footer