You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Guns N' Roses at the Malaysian Grand Prix 24th March 2013

apex-twin wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

The transport side of it would have to get old. I was thinking the same thing looking at Del James and Jarmo recently - on one hand they have an awesome job I'd kill for, at the same time, I look at them and think "this is night 50 across the other side of the world from your family" and so on.

Add chronic ache and the mental rollercoaster bumblefoot was suffering from while recuperating on the road from his car accident, and you really have a test of character, there. Should go without saying that, at the end of the day, he is an all too little appreciated hero of this current band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I hear that...i have endless respect for bumble...aside from being one of the foremost guitarists in the world he stays classy in the way he treats fans and deals with his fame.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

I hear that...i have endless respect for bumble...aside from being one of the foremost guitarists in the world he stays classy in the way he treats fans and deals with his fame.

Same here! bumblefoot does a better job representing and promoting Guns than the man who owns and fronts the band. axl

He respects others and tells the fans the truth despite it not being what we truly want to hear.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

But to counterbalance this tour thing, people should look no further than Dylan. Since the late 80's, he's been averaging on 100 shows a year (and still does it), which means there's a Dylan show on every third or fourth day of the year somewhere. And with Dylan, the audiences oft complain he's too unpredictable with his show.

It's a living, what can you say?

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, and I kinda figure the hardships of traveling etc are a small price to pay for getting to play rock music for a living.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Oh yeah...beats working in a conventional job I'd guess wink

But I do feel there must be performance pressure in all the creative arts. Like when you see a stage play or something too. Those people do that each night.

So like if you're DJ or something..it's like a dream job but there's also that pressure to look alive and make sure people have a kickass show when he might personally feel like shit that day or something.

Board footer