You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Disney shuts down LucasArts

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi … -LucasArts

This is awful news especially when some of these game projects were quite promising. It wasn't a shock though. Similar to the Aliens Colonial Marines situation a couple weeks ago. Of course they use the people who put their hard work and time into developing these games and demos and give them the shaft. Pisses me off about the industry and some of the people who run it. Even if the CEOs will rake in the money after the company shuts down while these developers lose their money, big paying positions, and have to either transfer to another game company or have to leave their dreams. 4 So yeah a big FUCK YOU to Disney games and a big FUCK YOU to the greedy people who run these various entertainment industries.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

Just read about this today. What bullshit.

Yep! That's why Telltale and alot of other game companies that used to be small or now getting huge in terms of sales and word of mouth is they conduct fair business practices and allowed to use great IPs because of this. Even indie companies are rising up and becoming successful while EA and others are starting to drop. Alot of these big famous game companies need to get their shit together instead of pointing fingers.

AtariLegend wrote:

In all honestly though, they were more of a publisher than an actual development company? They kind of pushed out a lot of mediocre content for cash grabs. Quantity over quality sad. Doubt it'll affect current stuff like Knights Of Old Republic, since Bioware actually developed it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

What happened with Aliens Colonial marines?

Me_Wise_Magic

monkeychow wrote:

One of the side developers that worked with Gearbox on the game laid off hundreds of employees and they had to file for bankruptcy. None of the other publishers helped assist in the matter.

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Supposed to be "not very good" tongue.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wow that sucks.

I've got a copy of it but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

We'll never see Battlefront 3! http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
CURSE YOU GREED OF COPORATE EXECUTIVES!!!! http://tomarayascream.com/
Also, from IGN user Fivearound:
"We have decided to shift our focus from being creative to lazily collecting profits from the popularity of our intellectual properties."

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Once there comes a way to generate graphics cheaply it's over for the big boys. Same goes for Hollywood. Their current business model is geared to the hilt towards using their monetary clout to create superior eye candy. If that slips they'll be lagging behind the small competitors in basically every area that matters: originality, creativity and inspiration.

Board footer