You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Random Access Memories (Daft Punk)

new album from an amazing electronic group. They last did the Tron Legacy soundtrack. They are collaborating with some legendary producers. Can't wait to get this. Pre-ordered it about a week ago. They featured a series of the history of some of the people they are working with. Very informative. They are a great live act from videos I've seen. Soooo...want to see them live one day...badly. 11

..and now I wait for those damn tour dates for NA. 16

http://randomaccessmemories.com/

daft-punk2.jpg

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Very cool. I've been meaning to check these guys out. I loved them on the Kanye West track, stronger.

Me_Wise_Magic

RaZor wrote:

Very cool. I've been meaning to check these guys out. I loved them on the Kanye West track, stronger.

The original full version of the song that Kanye used it from is really good. They came out with a great live album back in 07 that mashed up a ton of their material to entertain the crowd with a multimedia lights & effects show. Their music contains elements of rock, funk, dance, pop, electronica, and great for dances, parties, and chilling with friends or need a beat to keep yourself in a good mood. Some catchy stuff!  Their music was most of the soundtrack for hanging out with one of my groups of friends in the car going on adventures..and still is from time to time when we hang out. cool I highly recommend their tunes. Hope you enjoy it. I would start of with their essential album, Discovery. That covers most of their best work. Their newest album is going to branch out a little more and cover more subgenres which I think is a great way to move forward and breathe new air into this band project.

Me_Wise_Magic

Their latest song, Get Lucky featuring some sweet guests has a great groove! Enjoy everybody! cool

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I've been looking forward to this for a while. I pre-ordered the vinyl of RAM, and I hope they go on tour.

Me_Wise_Magic

Rex wrote:

I've been looking forward to this for a while. I pre-ordered the vinyl of RAM, and I hope they go on tour.

Well the bad news is they did an interview for Rolling Stone a couple weeks ago and they said they aren't touring this album. They said they may do a world tour featuring some songs for this album but mostly their hits like what they did for Alive 07 sometime in the next few years. Depends on when they think it's the right time. Which all of their fans like me believe it's now. 17 Oh awesome dude! Yeah..I was going to pick up the vinyl; but going to wait abit. Pre-ordered it on iTunes; so I can just drag it onto my computer and the lack of room in my shelves for where I put my music too.

Rex

Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Rex wrote:

Well the bad news is they did an interview for Rolling Stone a couple weeks ago and they said they aren't touring this album. They said they may do a world tour featuring some songs for this album but mostly their hits like what they did for Alive 07 sometime in the next few years. Depends on when they think it's the right time. Which all of their fans like me believe it's now. 17 Oh awesome dude! Yeah..I was going to pick up the vinyl; but going to wait abit. Pre-ordered it on iTunes; so I can just drag it onto my computer and the lack of room in my shelves for where I put my music too.

Yeah, they also said they weren't going to do any videos, but Nile Rodgers let it slip that they were doing one. he was talking about dancers, so I know it was just the SNL ad. I think they got something up their sleeve.

Me_Wise_Magic

Rex wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Rex wrote:

Yeah, they also said they weren't going to do any videos, but Nile Rodgers let it slip that they were doing one. he was talking about dancers, so I know it was just the SNL ad. I think they got something up their sleeve.

I'm thinking the same thing. They can't hold out for long once the album releases and it gets praise.

Rex

Rex wrote:

This album is streaming on iTunes and man is it ever good.

There's a Daft Punk tribute coming to town in a month, and I'm so fuckin there.

Me_Wise_Magic

I'm so there for the stream! ..ooh...a tribute act?! Enjoy yourself man!

Board footer