You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: New YCBM Video

Saw this online yesterday. It was pretty awesome. Cool 3D graphics and presentation. Glad they brought the T2 concept back.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Saw that at the recent show I think.

Great animation if anyone knows where they had it commissioned let me know as I'd be curious to know the price of such things for my band.

Although it has to be said that the original YCBM clip features some of the best live footage ever and is an amazing clip.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

monkeychow wrote:

Saw that at the recent show I think.

Great animation if anyone knows where they had it commissioned let me know as I'd be curious to know the price of such things for my band.

Although it has to be said that the original YCBM clip features some of the best live footage ever and is an amazing clip.

Probably alot of money since it's axl paying for it most likely or his management; but I think there alot of people out in the world that charge fare prices to produce multi-media for various projects. Depends on where you look. I would do some quick research in your area to see. Good luck! ..and yes the YCBM video is killer.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's made by @CreativeWorksLd, Bumblefoot mentioned it when he posted his "Glad To Be Here" video and somewhere I read that they made both of them smile

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That looks pretty cool. Would be interesting to watch in 3D.  I did find it a bit hard to watch tho with it continually flicking images every second or so.

Curious as to why they would spend money on a vid for a song they released over 20 years ago?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I think it's just for backing use on the screenings during the show rather than like MTV style.

I notice they also seemed to have them for a few of the other songs too during the tour.

As for why YCBM rather than one of the other songs?

My guess would be it's a setlist staple, and so worth the money, and that it's also one of the more difficult songs in the setlist for Axl - he's said so himself I think - and so maybe it seems a good choice to add visual effects to and boost the general presentation of it a notch - as on any given night it's likely to be one of the songs that could use the most lift? Just making that up but it would make sense to me.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Ahh that makes sense then if its for the screens at the gigs.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

(removed by me - was wrong!)

Board footer