You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: GN'R back in the studio...? (Dizzy & DJ)

buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the thing monkey: if they cut a new deal, Axl does the same old shit he's been doing since 1996 on their dime.  If they don't cut a deal and release the last album, they lose the only possible payday.

NoKnownName
 Rep: 11 

NoKnownName wrote:

Hmm, I wonder what they're saying...

DJ: Man, the fans will love the rerecording of Appetite Axl told us to do! Dizzy, are you finished adding keys to Out Ta Get Me?
Dizzy: Yeah. After this, I need to Photoshop Slash's face off the cover and put in some Buckethead solos we didn't use.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Here's the thing monkey: if they cut a new deal, Axl does the same old shit he's been doing since 1996 on their dime.  If they don't cut a deal and release the last album, they lose the only possible payday.

Yeah but then that comes down to the "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" - at some stage selling a few hundred thousand records this quarter could become more important to them than selling a few million records in 2025 - as by 2025 who knows if music will even be sold as a commodity, who knows if the record company will even exist in it's present structure, the executives and business types are almost certain to have moved on anyway, and there's a horrible but reasonable possibility the hard years of living will take one of the original line up from us anyway. I could imagine they might just choose the smaller but guaranteed payment now. (It's guaranteed because they already paid for most recording costs - so even if it sells shit it would have to recoup the mastering expenses and so on)

Or another alternative would be to cut a new deal, but just do it for a modest sum, or cut it with terms that force Axl to deliver an end product or have to repay out of his tour revenue. Of course something like that could well be the sticking point.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I said in the DVD thread that the band actually working with the label gave me hope for the album being released... It was small hope... This gives me more hope. It's far from a home run, but you have to admit, its a lot better than its been the past few months.

I don't think Ron would be involved in anything that builds up the fans to screw with them. He usually nips it in the bud right away.

And, we all know, despite what people want, Axl has that second album ready, that just needs the new band's polish.

The scary thing? Beta might have got this done. 18

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think having Team Brazil in charge can be a huge positive when it comes to Axl.  He trusts them, unlike seemingly every other manager he's ever had in his life.  Now, will it always stay that way?  Who knows, but he thinks of them as family, so I think he'd be more willing to play along with them leading the way and reassuring him.  Granted, they lack experience in the management role, but IF they can strike a deal I think Axl would be in a better frame of mind.  He knows they have his best interests at heart, and for someone who seems to think that everyone is out to get him, that's a big deal.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

faldor wrote:
misterID wrote:

I think having Team Brazil in charge can be a huge positive when it comes to Axl.  He trusts them, unlike seemingly every other manager he's ever had in his life.  Now, will it always stay that way?  Who knows, but he thinks of them as family, so I think he'd be more willing to play along with them leading the way and reassuring him.  Granted, they lack experience in the management role, but IF they can strike a deal I think Axl would be in a better frame of mind.  He knows they have his best interests at heart, and for someone who seems to think that everyone is out to get him, that's a big deal.

Honestly, after the experiences Axl's had with managers, Team Brazil is far and away the best option for him. Every other manager has had one eye on the reunion, whereas Beta and company are actually pushing the current band as a going concern.

Yes, it's taken a while for them to get up to speed on the actual management thing, but they're doing pretty bloody well so far; new DVDs, regular touring, a stable band line-up, promotion etc.

You could argue that the best thing for Axl would be a reunion – that's where the big payday would be – but he's emphatically and repeatedly made it clear that a reunion is not on the cards. With that in mind, Team Brazil is doing well by him.

Being brutally honest, I wish we'd reached this point when Buckethead and Robin were still in the band. Or Robin in place of Ashba. But fuck it, we might get an album out of Axl – and if this line-up achieves that, I will sing their praises to the heavens.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And here I thought Beta showing up to the label meeting and calling everyone idiots wasn't going to work 16

Board footer