You are not logged in. Please register or login.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

Re: STONE TEMPLE PILOTS return with CHESTER BENNINGTON as their FRONTMAN!

justbill wrote:

Last night, the Irvine, CA crowd witnessed a surprise appearance from Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington (of Linkin Park) as their frontman, performing the classics 'Sex Type Thing' and 'Vasoline' and also debuted a brand new song titled "Out of Time" – the recording of which KROQ premiered immediately following the band's explosive 40 minute set (at KROQ's Weenie Roast 2013).

When Stone Temple Pilots band members, Dean DeLeo, Robert DeLeo and Eric Kretz began thinking of singers to accompany the new music they were working on, Bennington was at the top of the list. "Chester has a one-of-a-kind voice that we’ve admired for a long time," said Dean DeLeo. "We know Linkin Park will always be his priority, but we thought it would be cool to try something together. We managed to find the time to record a song and we're all really happy with the result."

"I've loved STP since I was 13 years old and they've had a huge influence on me," explained Bennington. "When the opportunity came up to do something creative with them, I jumped at the chance. The guys in Linkin Park have been incredibly supportive of me undertaking this project while I’ve continued to work on new music with LP."

The new single "Out of Time" from Stone Temple Pilots, is available for FREE download, at the link below.
http://www.smarturl.it/stpoutoftime

Visit http://stonetemplepilots.com/ for more details... And on a personal note, I'm sure Scott Weiland's a happy guy, right about now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Nice...will have to check this out later

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Wow...didn't take them long to work out a new singer...5+ years for VR lol

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

It`ll be extremely difficult to replace Scott but I`ll check out new album when it`s released.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Certainly sounds interesting.

I love Scott with STP, but at moments in the song, Chester sounds quite similar to Scott, and the instrumental side of things sounds pretty cool.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I wonder how Scott feels about it though, seeing as he said something along the lines of "STP can't exist without him" or something like that

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

Very cool. Can't wait to download that bad boy tonight. Can't believe they moved on so quick, but good for them. Hope this kick in the butt gets Scott back on track.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:

Just finished listening to the single and it`s absolute trash. Scott Weiland IS Stone Temple Pilots. No Scott, No STP plain and simple. Bennington`s vocals don`t fit this band, too thin and too whiney for this type of music. Bring back Scott and his gritty baritone.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Certainly sounds interesting.

I love Scott with STP, but at moments in the song, Chester sounds quite similar to Scott, and the instrumental side of things sounds pretty cool.

He sounds nothing like Scott. His vocals is too whiney and high pitched.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:

As much as I prefer the original Stone Temple Pilots (instead of this), the band has put up with Scott's shit for two decades-plus... A line has to be drawn somewhere. Props to the band for wanting to move forward, with or without him. Scott acts like he's the sole-owner of STP and was responsible for their success. Well, the band did their part in building STP, right along with Weiland... Whether he wants to admit it or not.

Having said that, this is only 'one song' they recorded with Chester. We don't know if the band wants to stick with him (even though the press photos are all over the site). There's no official confirmation that Chester's their frontman (no press release in print stating "he's the one"). Chester himself stated (on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ChesterBe/status/335998445691219968), he'll never leave LP. Dean DeLeo even said: "We know Linkin Park will always be his priority, but we thought it would be cool to try something together..." So, it remains to be seen if the band decides to stick with him and record an entire album, later down the road. It'll be an interesting couple of weeks or months... That's for sure.

Besides tonight's concert (BFD 2013). Stone Temple Pilots are performing on 5.30.13 at Club Nokia, in LA... Scott Weiland has a show at the House of Blues on 5.29.13 in West Hollywood with a day off, the next night. Scott, go check out the STP show! See what you've been missing, wake the fuck up. Please.

Board footer