You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Re: May 24, 2013 - Rockalahoma, Pryor, OK

Gibbo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Axl does look cool in that pic. No hat and just a bandanna and shades looks great. Tits on the shirt are a bonus too.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Jarmo | HTGTH.com @htgth 34s

This I love, dizzy reed solo (no quarter)/catcher in the rye, you could be mine, Dj Ashba solo (mi amor)/sweet child o mine @gunsnroses

Just for comparison's sake, same set so far from their last show in Lebanon, except no Better tonight, yet.  It was played after Estranged in Beirut.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Nice to see Catcher, but its not a song I ever thought they pulled off well live.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Jarmo | HTGTH.com @htgth 56s

Jam (another brick in the wall part 2)/November rain @gunsnroses #Rocklahoma

Jarmo | HTGTH.com @htgth 1m

Objectify @bumblefoot, Don't cry, knockin' on heavens door - dedicated to the state of OK and those who have suffered with the tornado

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Same shit different day. Axl does n`t give a toss anymore.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Checked he says:

"You're going to get everything from Appetite to Chinese Democracy, it's just a kickass night of rock and roll, you're going to hear every classic hit, every new song that we're putting out. It's just a full on well rounded show for sure".

On reflection I think he probably just means the mix up between the AFD, UYI and CD songs.

He also said that we would get big surprise at LA forum show and all we got was live stream. Cashba likes to run his big mouth very often.

Although I think one day there will be a reverse boy-who-cried wolf sort of thing.

If he keeps saying something will happen, it's probably because they do eventually plan for something to happen...one of these days they'll probably actually shock us all by really adding new surprises.

As for "cashba" - guy is a professional musician..can't blame the guy for making a living doing what he loves.

Come on dude, get real nothing new will happen. Axl will milk Guns` name as much as he can and finally will call it quits. We might get the rest from Chinese sessions someday in distant future. He apparently does n`t give a shit anymore, he`s going through motions. I wish I was wrong.

Son of a Gun

Son of a Gun wrote:
faldor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Checked he says:

"You're going to get everything from Appetite to Chinese Democracy, it's just a kickass night of rock and roll, you're going to hear every classic hit, every new song that we're putting out. It's just a full on well rounded show for sure".

On reflection I think he probably just means the mix up between the AFD, UYI and CD songs.

He also said that we would get big surprise at LA forum show and all we got was live stream. Cashba likes to run his big mouth very often.

I think fans are a little too hard on the band members when they say things like this.  They're doing these interviews to promote the upcoming shows for any music fans who may not know GNR front to back.  They're not doing the interviews for all of us forum nerds.  We KNOW what to expect from a Guns show.  Tommy Thomson from Anywhere, USA who listens to said radio station may hear DJ or someone else talk about what it's like at a GNR show and gain some interest.  Maybe even decide to buy a ticket to said show because he likes the idea of hearing some of the classics mixed with some of the new stuff.  Isn't that a novel idea?

It's promotion 101 guys.  DJ isn't always talking directly to YOU.  Get over it!

There are much better ways to promote the band and shows.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:

There are much better ways to promote the band and shows.

Such as?  What more could DJ do?  What should he do differently?

faldor

faldor wrote:

Still the same set as their last one in March, except no Better yet.  The remainder of THAT set was

Used to Love Her
        Jam
        Nightrain
        Encore:
        Jam
        Patience
        The Seeker
        (The Who cover)
        Jam
        Paradise City

The band has been tweeting about "Don't Let It Bring You Down" today, so maybe that will replace "The Seeker".  Sorry metallex.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You know, I don't think Son of a Gun should take a job as a suicide prevention operator. Just sayin.

Board footer