You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: May 24, 2013 - Rockalahoma, Pryor, OK

BLS-Pride wrote:

Ouch. Judging by those comments it wasn't a great performance. Go back to that voice doctor from 2006 Axl. Change up your show. Do something. Please.

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Like all the other guys did? Ashba's said nothing here that all the other members haven't said in the past. If you don't like him fine but you can't single him out for criticism for doing exactly what every other member has done.

As for the show, meh. The CD world tour continues it seems.

Ashba has lied more often than others.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Yeesh....some pretty horrible reviews there...at least spell the mans name right....

I don't know, that video sounds like typical Axl. He sounds a little winded, but otherwise its pretty much what I've come to expect from him. I mean, I think I've been to enough shows now to where I can say he's had good ones and not so great ones. And is anyone surprised that he showed up late? Geez, I remember Dallas, I almost died when he came out at 9:30.

I'm going to the River City Rockfest tomorrow night. I'll let you all know how that goes.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

Yeesh....some pretty horrible reviews there...at least spell the mans name right....

I don't know, that video sounds like typical Axl. He sounds a little winded, but otherwise its pretty much what I've come to expect from him. I mean, I think I've been to enough shows now to where I can say he's had good ones and not so great ones. And is anyone surprised that he showed up late? Geez, I remember Dallas, I almost died when he came out at 9:30.

I'm going to the River City Rockfest tomorrow night. I'll let you all know how that goes.

Cool mate hope ya have a killer show looking forward to your review.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Some of those complaints are odd though.

Like what show allows you to bring pro cameras?

Since when does Axl have a diction problem? Being too low in the mix sometimes, or not using rasp or being out of breath, but "I can't understand the words"?

And who is it who said slash left "last year". Odd.

It's funny though - even bumble commented at the first night is always the worst when a fan broke his balls about it at the guitar meet I went to.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Like all the other guys did? Ashba's said nothing here that all the other members haven't said in the past. If you don't like him fine but you can't single him out for criticism for doing exactly what every other member has done.

Is it really lying? Maybe he says things he think's will happen then they don't.

He probably wants to put out a record with Axl etc

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Some of those complaints are odd though.

Like what show allows you to bring pro cameras?

Since when does Axl have a diction problem? Being too low in the mix sometimes, or not using rasp or being out of breath, but "I can't understand the words"?

And who is it who said slash left "last year". Odd.

It's funny though - even bumble commented at the first night is always the worst when a fan broke his balls about it at the guitar meet I went to.

I put next to no credence in those comments.  That's about as reliable as going over to HTGTH and reading how amazingly awesome and breathtaking every second of the show was.  As Aussie pointed out, festival goers who aren't necessarily fans of the bands playing may indeed have some harsh things to say. 

And you could probably find 20 bad comments from people who attend any concert.  I'm sure SOME people thought they were good.  So basically, this does nothing to change my perception.  Have they ever had a gig where 100% of the fans thought they were awesome?  Nope.  Doesn't happen.

Not sure if there was a curfew or if they were asked to shorten their set, but it's an abbreviated one at that (well at least the exclusion of "Better").  Could be the reason for the lack of some CD songs.  As you can see from the random comments that were posted, the people weren't there to see those songs played.

Edit - The comment about Slash, wasn't about him being replaced in GNR just last year, but him playing the festival last year himself.

faldor

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Son of a Gun wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Is it really lying? Maybe he says things he think's will happen then they don't.

He probably wants to put out a record with Axl etc

He's clearly not lying.  But when people don't like someone they'll pick apart anything they say to make them look as bad as they can.  We get it.  People hate DJ because he replaced Robin who replaced Slash, and Buckethead is long gone.  We miss Izzy, even Gilby, and why not throw Paul into the mix.  If there's ONE guy in the band right now that can inspire Axl to work on NEW music, I think DJ would top that list.  He seems to be the guy he hangs with the most and gets along with the best.  He always seems to be working on and writing new music.  If he could just get Axl to hop aboard that train.

faldor

faldor wrote:

@EddieTrunk 40m

A portion of all tickets sold going to those in need from the tornado in OKC area. Also auctioning off items all 3 days. Bush guitar got 3K

@EddieTrunk 39m

Among the items being auctioned off today will be a signed guitar by @axlrose Can't wait to see what we raise with that later tonight

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Let the negativity begin!! I want to hear it but disappointed a bit at the same ole shitness of the set list

Board footer