You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: May 24, 2013 - Rockalahoma, Pryor, OK

Smoking Guns wrote:

2006 was pretty badass.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

The live threads at HTGTH seem to be drying up. Even the J man must be wishing for a new song / setlist change now.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

What I can't believe, is that they don't have one new song to play. Seriously? After years of the "new" band (in various incarnations) and nearly half a decade after CD, you don't have one new friggin' song to share with fans? Sheesh.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

FWIW,  I will be more than happy to give a review of their performance tonight. I won't promise live updates, but I have no problem with letting you know how the show is.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

by apologist, i mean u have hundreds upon hundreds of terrible reviews and people completely dismiss those as "Whatever" like they just purposely are hating on the band etc

Axl honestly doesn't sound "THAT" bad but once again, he is supposed to be "MOVING FUCKING FORWARD" and he is doing anything but

that is why I am through with this incarnation of GNR *unless an album, new song, music etc*

Axl has turned into what I never thought he'd be and I am just highly disappointed.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If Axl is not gonna record new music, the least he can do is get himself ready for live shows. Fine, don't release any more new music the rest of your life, but make it god damn unforgettable when you get on stage.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

I am fucking through with this band.
There are better, more active bands out there.

Dear Axl,
             Fuck off.

Your sincerely
axlgod.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

by apologist, i mean u have hundreds upon hundreds of terrible reviews and people completely dismiss those as "Whatever" like they just purposely are hating on the band etc

Axl honestly doesn't sound "THAT" bad but once again, he is supposed to be "MOVING FUCKING FORWARD" and he is doing anything but

that is why I am through with this incarnation of GNR *unless an album, new song, music etc*

Axl has turned into what I never thought he'd be and I am just highly disappointed.

It goes both ways.  There are many, many positive reviews (see Ticketmaster reviews of GN'R shows for instance) that are dismissed as well by some, perhaps those of a more critical or negative perception of the current state of the band.

From what I could tell, which is not always accurate given the variability in fan-recorded bootlegs, he sounded fine on the recordings I heard from Rocklahoma. 

Actually I think being "through" or taking a break from following the band if you're not satisfied with where things are at is a lot better a choice than hanging around the boards and complaining time and again if for no other reason than it is highly unlikely to make a damn bit of difference.  If it did, we would've seen CD released much sooner.

Ali

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

and its what I've done. I just read through that big ass "Duke It Out" thread where Russ left and I haven't posted in so long I had no idea any of that transpired.

I have no ill will towards axl, like I said, I loved my show in Nashville.

but that was my closure and now just have no desire to follow this band.

couldn't tell u last time i posted on HTGTH either.

I like this band, think its a shame they can't move forward.

until they do, i am just done.

I can easily be roped back in though.. just need something "different"

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

New music would solve everything.

I think we should get used to live shows being a hits setlist though - along the lines of aerosmith/acdc

Board footer