You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Who should be the next singer for VR?

Some rumours are floating around that VR will continue without Scott and with a new vocalist. I'd rather they didn't, but regardless of your feelings you have to think about who would work well with VR.

So, who's your pick?

If you refuse to recognize the possibility of VR having a future, list a singer or two that you'd like to see on a Slash record or something.

Part of me would like to see how Chris Shinn would do with VR. I don't think he would though, and the styles could be a huge disaster. Still, he's got a voice that is so damn powerful, it's high pitched, but not anything like Axl's.

In a solo album situation, I'd like to see Michael Grant of Endeverafter do a track with Slash. He's a great writer, singer, and guitar player. Wouldn't work for a full band, but a small collaboration might be sweet.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think given the pain they went through to find a singer last time...I don't know if they'll continue on...we can but hope....

Someone the other day mentioned Lenny Kravitz and I'd say that would be very interesting, but doubt it would happen.

Seems like all the obvious choices were vito'd last time or you know have other issues. Like Sebastian....Cornell...that kind of thing....

Eric from Snakepit one was kinda cool!

I think overall i'd like to see them with an unknown. Then we could loose the audioslave style..superband stigma....but i guess its hard to work with unknowns at that level.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ LOL...she is pretty damn good!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

IMO if scott leaves Velvet Revolver will cease to exist...IF the continue then it'll be under a new name

how about Sammy Hagar (yeah i said that in the other thread already)

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

John Corabi would be my pick. They could go in a more heavier rock direction with him too, rather than the pop/alternative styles that were starting to come up on Libertad.
I think their potential could be awesome. Plus John plays guitar as well.

It's funny though, with all that has happened, no-one is really saying, "I hope they patch it up and continue on", everyone is more like 'who should the next singer be??" I guess that shows how much the fans don't really like Scott in VR.

If VR continue, I just want Slash, Duff & Matt to get someone great without the problems that Axl, and then Scott had. But after they spent two or so years auditioning singers before Scott, who's to say they would be willing to go through all that again?

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

If they were to get a singer I think it maybe should be someone unknown. Of course the problem with that is if Weiland sometimes felt overshadowed by the past of Slash and Duff then a total nobody definately would, on the flip side I think Weiland was jealous at how more people wanted to talk GNR than STP during interviews etc something a total unknown wouldn't suffer from.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

"I hope they patch it up and continue on", everyone is more like 'who should the next singer be??" I guess that shows how much the fans don't really like Scott in VR.

actually i think after this tour is over and everyone goes their separate ways for a while that they will get back together and do another album

they were just like this after touring Contraband...Scott and Matt are polar opposites or something and they get on each others nerves after a while

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I hope they move on & get a new singer. They have 2 options, get someone to tour with Zeppelin, essentially to cover Scott's vocals, or someone to lead them in a new direction.

I think Kravitz could add a new dimension (granted, a softer dimension, but whatever) to both. I'd like to see him cover songs like Nighttrain too. My fave choice, for recording a new album, would be Mike Ness, of Social Distiortion. I think his lyric writing, voice, and musical style would be a good impact for the 3rd & final album. A punch in the face.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I think it would probably be Sebastian.

Board footer