You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Slash comments on recent happenings

Neemo wrote:

..and the plot thickens hmm

Slash keeps fans guessing over Zeppelin tour

Tuesday, 25 March 2008

Slash says it is unlikely his band, Velvet Revolver, will support Led Zeppelin on a world tour but has stopped short of ruling it out completely.

The rumours surfaced after Zeppelin's sell out gig at London's O2 Arena in December.

They were apparently confirmed by Revolver bassist and Slash's former Guns N' Roses bandmate Duff McKagan.

But Slash has told Newsbeat the band are concentrating on their next album.

He said: "There's been a huge rumour going around about us opening for them and I think that was something that was taken out of context.

"I think as far as Zeppelin doing a tour, that remains to be seen.

"I saw Robert last night and he's got his solo thing going on and as far as Velvet Revolver is concerned, we've got another record to do and we're not even thinking about that."

Velvet Revolver are currently wrapping up the UK leg of a European tour, while on stage in Glasgow on 20 March, singer Scott Weiland apparently told fans they were "watching something special ... the last tour by Velvet Revolver."

It is something Slash doesn't seem comfortable discussing.

He said: "Well, lets put it this way - this is not Velvet Revolver's last tour."

Another factor which adds to the uncertainty of Weiland's future with the band is a bout of online squabbling between the singer and the band's drummer and another former G N'R man, Matt Sorum.

Solo project

Slash has also confirmed that he is planning to release a solo album in the near future, working with guest vocalists.

He said: "I don't think I have the patience to do an instrumental record, so I want to work with a bunch of artists whose records I've played on and some who I've never worked with."

But, the self admitted nervous and insecure guitar player stopped short of relevaling any names.

He said: "I'm scared they pull out at the last minute and make me look like a schmuck."

Movie soundtrack

On top of his solo work and Velvet Revolver commitments, Slash has revealed that he is scoring his first movie, an independent called This Is Not A Movie.

He said: "It has nothing but guitars on the score so that's how I got turned on to it.

"But I like the director and thought, yeah, I could do this.

"It's not animated but it's definitely fantastical and very hardcore at the same time.

"I'm scared ****less!"

In the meanwhile, Slash has just unveiled his own limited edition collection of signature Gibson guitars.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music … 312301.stm

Thanks to funkymonkey @ htgth

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

He said: "Well, lets put it this way - this is not Velvet Revolver's last tour."

That's cool. 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

That's cool. 22

Not to jump the gun but I'd say that means they're be a new vocalist.

and.......?

As I said, That's cool 22

wink

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'll tolerate VR if Slash puts out a solo album as well, but the solo album should be the priority. IF it's VR with a new singer, rhythm guitarist, and drummer, awesome! If it's just a new singer, I give them one last chance.

And some advice for VR live shows - don't be afraid of good songs because you wrote them! Play Beggars and Hangers-On, Lower, Back and Forth Again, and some Duff tunes to carry the weaker VR material.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

That's cool. 22

agreed. I was sceptical about them wanting to go through that again....but that seems to be a clear implication from what he says...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

That's cool. 22

and.......?

As I said, That's cool 22

wink

That's not only cool, that's even better than having Scott! 3

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I'll tolerate VR if Slash puts out a solo album as well, but the solo album should be the priority.

And some advice for VR live shows - don't be afraid of good songs because you wrote them! Play Beggars and Hangers-On, Lower, Back and Forth Again, and some Duff tunes to carry the weaker VR material.

so true, karma! 21

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I saw VR at Brixton Academy last night.

They still put on a good rawk show IMO and Slash is still one of the coolest mofo's on earth.
I went with three girls who didn't know any VR songs, but still enjoyed it.

Robert and Slash must be quite close - two of Roberts son's have played in bands that have supported VR in the UK.

Board footer