You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

agree...didn't like the solo...again, just pasted in...Slash would kill on this song.

Yeah, I think this song would sound killer played by the original band. Has that cool Stones kinda swagger to it that shredders like Bumble aren't really suited to

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

Anyone wanna hook a brother up with a PM?

AtariLegend wrote:

Um sad.

I would like to hear this or these too if possible?

Sky Dog wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

agree...didn't like the solo...again, just pasted in...Slash would kill on this song.

Yeah, I think this song would sound killer played by the original band. Has that cool Stones kinda swagger to it that shredders like Bumble aren't really suited to

I don't think the song is as good as 14 Years or Dust N Bones but it is good. It would be nice to have a mastered cd version. The Ashba Better was suprisingly good.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

To me, the Ashba version is completely useless. It's boring, slow and murders the catchiness of the original. The Ron version is cool because it's acoustic and he completely dominates on that guitar. Going Down is alright. I'm not blown away by it but not disappointed at the same time. Sounds like something Tommy would do on a solo album.

axl8302
 Rep: 0 

axl8302 wrote:

wish i could discuss, but i cannot find the links anywhere

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

I like the changes to Better's opening, but Robin's opening and sustained riff is the best part of the song, arguably with his incredible string bending solo. The riff has been lifted off the track and Ashba clearly cannot play the Robin version as it was written from what is offered here.

Some good changes to add mood, but the best of the song has been deleted or eviscerated by a substandard re-do.

Going Down is a mediocre track. Tommy is not a great vocalist, a bit of a monotone, but I wasn't expecting much. The heavy guitars are out of place on this track and were probably post-production addies. If this was for Tommy's solo album, he should be pissed that Axl exercised his right of finder's keepers and locked it away in the Vault.

AtariLegend wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

That's not real.

That's from the Instrumental version, copy/paste.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

You know what I like most about Goin' Down? It sounds like the work of a band. Tommy writing his own lyrics, Axl providing backing vocals, other members contributing organically to the song.

Just write a whole fucking album like this, Axl, instead of cutting and pasting riffs and lyrics together. Get in a room and jam something out.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Heres all 3 for anyone whos doesnt want to download them

They got shut down quick

Board footer