You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash plays benefit for firefighters

metallex78 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Also, I like that the band's guitarist takes the solo spot on Gimme Shelter when fucking Slash is standing right next to him. That takes some balls.

I saw that, and he was able to back it up too. That was some pretty damn good lead guitar

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

That backing band is Alan Niven's group and Slash plays with them to show support for a band Niven manages.  That same player jammed with Slash and Myles at a few shows too.  His name is Chris Buck or something.  Slash got his solo in too, but that was all planned.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Storm of Perception also played at the gig and a couple of them played with Slash on a couple of tunes. They're locals from Prescott and also managed by Niv.

Niv obviously is a Prescott local too and it was he and his wife that organised the whole gig for the benefit of the firefighters that died and their families.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Man, the videos were amazing, thanks for them! I really liked that other guy's playing, very cool Mick Taylor influence there, I will check his stuff. But Slash, Slash really killed, especially on the supposed Blues Jam. That's the most beautiful music I've heard in some time. 11 It's a jam, right, but it's all based on and heavily influenced by Led Zeppelin's Since I've Been Loving You, one of my all time favourite songs. I've never thought I'd hear Slash play that! A dream came true... 21  I know that Slash will most likely release a darker and heavier new album next year, but I'd love to hear him doing a blues record and Since I've Been Loving You should be there, with songs like his Hey Joe cover... I don't mind if it's all covers, but gimme more blues, Slash! 3

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Here's a pro shot version of Blues in Gm.  Great jam and the sound and picture quality are excellent too.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Here you go Smoking Guns a full pro shot and pro sound version of Voodoo Chile that I just uploaded.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Wow!  Different but awesome!

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

Slash and Razer playing Led Zeppelin's Heartbreaker

Smoking Guns