You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: DR. PEPPER ISSUES CHALLENGE TO AXL ROSE!

Backslash wrote:
madagas wrote:

I agree with you all. At this point, whatever it takes. But, I seem to remember a t-shirt from the Gnr camp in 2001-2002 that said "Freedom through musical INTEGRITY"!:haha:

Dr Pepper empathizes with Axl's artistic integrity.  This is like a match made in heaven. 16

It all seems like an odd, but potentially effective publicity stunt.

Dr. Pepper says they understand Rose's artistic integrity due to their own struggle to create their soft drink.

Source: http://daveibsen.typepad.com/5_blogs_be … and-g.html

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
madagas wrote:

So no one else is slightly concerned about Gnr possibly selling out to a soft drink company? Not exactly how I would have promoted it....:ummm:

as i highly doubt, that this is all made up and axl knew about it beforehand, it was dr. peppers` idea, not gnr`s. so why being concerned about gnr selling out?

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
WARose wrote:
madagas wrote:

So no one else is slightly concerned about Gnr possibly selling out to a soft drink company? Not exactly how I would have promoted it....:ummm:

as i highly doubt, that this is all made up and axl knew about it beforehand, it was dr. peppers` idea, not gnr`s. so why being concerned about gnr selling out?

I wonder if there are any "anti-GNR" Dr Pepper fans who are blaming the soft drink company for selling out... 16

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i don't care what they do as long as the album is out. and it's not selling out if i don't consider it that. i think it's great promotion in today's music business.

p.s. some people considered metallica sellouts when they made their first video. but it was a great move dor them at the time. it's all about conception

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
WARose wrote:
madagas wrote:

You're right. Remember, it's not selling out, it's buying in.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Whatever brings the album out, beyond the death of people, I'm for it. It looks planned and that's a good sign. Finding a deal like this with a major player like the Pepsi coorperation could explain the months of negotiation, although it's not an excuse that work sbeyond the late 07-early 08 timeframe.

With any luck a real announcement will come on April 2nd.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

The only thing that makes me think this is a Dr. Pepper initiative without GNR being in the know, is the references to BH and Slash in the press release. I think it would be quite distasteful if this was a GNR sanctioned press release.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

^ At least Dr. Pepper didn't offer to shit in BH's bucket. They have more taste than certain band members do. Certain band members that add nothing to the band's sound and aren't name Richard or Frank.

Sky Dog wrote:

Commy.....low fuckin blow. 4

Board footer