You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: Leaked GN'R Songs Thread

Aussie wrote:

Sadly I have to say I don't know why there is such a big fuss about all these things being made, not so much here but at other boards. I mean clips of remixes of a decade old songs, clips of other song titles that have also been around for years and no doubt probably been worked and reworked, cut and pasted and protooled thousands of times.  A new version of OMG. Where is the current & fresh creativity?

Probably why we see stuff like Blowout NYC etc, those poor bastards do things like that for an outlet because it's not being afforded to them by their main employer.

AtariLegend wrote:

Only thing that sounds slightly interesting was Silkworms? Which was supposed to be a track some people had for years. Maybe the rest of the music is just made on a computer with stuff we know is real thrown in and a remix of Silkworms to make it seem legit.

Does anyone honestly there's a album with 3 versions of Better on it?

Lomax wrote:

I'd be forever greatful for a pm?

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

I was gonna ask for a PM... But really? Fuck it... In this day and age, when an artist pulls their shit off of YouTube, it makes me physically ill. It makes me not care. It fills me with a rage that I can't even begin to find adequate words for. ESPECIALLY this band.

The mystique of leaks, and them being difficult to find in 2000-02 was pretty cool. Shit... even '07-'08... I liked having to work a little bit... It made the experience more rewarding.

In the 5+ years since, I've grown insanely impatient to such a ridiculous level with the arrogant stupidity of any artist that makes material difficult to listen to. Do they really think that keeping every previously unheard note under lock and key does them any fucking favors anymore?

For fuck's sake.. Move on with new shit. Write some riffs, sing some new lyrics/melodies... Kick out some motherfucking jams. You've been playing together for YEARS... The (forced) chemistry should be strong enough to produce at LEAST an EP of solid rock n' roll. If ya can't muster up enough jizz to do that in a month or two, GO FUCKING HOME. Shut the fuck up, close the doors and go your separate ways. It's fucking embarrassing.

Empty the hallowed fucking vault of all of the (relatively) ancient, sketches of what could have been. Just put it all out there... On YouTube... For free. Just let the shit go and start fresh. End the debates... Settle your (long overdue) tab with the fans already. We build this stuff up in our minds like it's all life changing, brilliant material, when, in reality, it's more likely that all that's even worth making public for any reason is about 2-3 hours of half baked nooding, dated nu-metal hack jobs, ill-conceived tear jerkers with sampled drum loops and a bunch of instrumentals with no fucking direction. And we are the minority. The majority of music fans don't give a shit... They're certainly not going to fucking pay for it...

And they guard it like women guard their fucking vaginas.

"Uh Oh... an 8 second snippet of some bullshit we wrote 15 years ago and recorded a shitty instrumental demo of 7 years ago is on the internet... Pull it, and have my paperboy spin it to the only people who still care about me as an artist in whatever way will allow me to continue to jerk off to photographs of myself in 1989 for the next decade" axl

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea its pretty crazy...but we are the ones waiting around for scraps of songs...but tbh if these songs are all that's out there its not very enticing...where are some of the other tunes? General and Thyme, etc

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

They are definitely not all that is out there. Don't want to sound cryptic or pretentious, but there are many other songs floating around.
It's just that most of them are not even in fans' or online active fans' hands.

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I wonder if one day we'll get to hear some of these tracks. I certainly hope so...life is too fuckin short

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Would like to hear OMG or SW... PM plz! big_smile

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I liked TIL, Better, Silkworms sounds awesome, but Oh My God sounds basically the same and ITW is terrible!

I say some of it sounds like it was ripped from one of the band's re-recordings, either Ashba or Richard, or it was from rehearsal. Just like Going Down.

Board footer