You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Could Madagascar Be A Pseudo Sequel To Civil War?

I've been pondering this for awhile. I thought it would be a good, fun discussion. They both involve similar themes even samples. smile What are your thoughts?

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

I think samples, yeah, but themes, no.

Civil War is more about war as a consumerism product and media consumption of it while Madagascar is more about being truth to your beliefs while everybody else seem to think/act like you're wrong.

In my opinion of course! Share more of your thoughts on the similarities! smile

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

You're over thinking it. Axl has said the song really just means "Mad at Nascar".

16 He really said that by the way.

Me_Wise_Magic

polluxlm wrote:

You're over thinking it. Axl has said the song really just means "Mad at Nascar".

16 He really said that by the way.

16 Nice! Well the reason why I posted the topic was kind of out of boredom. Since like always no cool news has come around.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

No shit! Where are those big news we were supposed to be getting? Lol why do I even ask.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Cant see it really. I have always viewed Madagascar to be Axl breaking his silence on the breakup of the old band and the mess that followed, especially because of how he introduced it at RIR3. Using the same sample he used in Civil War is perhaps a way of pointing us back to the old band and alluding to those times as a civil war...   

Man I still get a kick out of the RIR3 version!

Me_Wise_Magic

You know I can agree with that statement. Good insight. Oh yeah I love that performance as well. Everyone jamming with Uncle Axl on guitar was simply wonderful!

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Axl has never looked more out of place than when holding that guitar.

Me_Wise_Magic

Come on man! You gotta admit, deep down inside you knew that was pretty cool! I would of liked to see more of him just jamming out of the blue. Since regarding stories from the past of Axl playing guitar in the recording studio, they said he could shred.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

It's specially strange because he's basically playing the bass lines with distortion, so it's kinda buried in there and really not audible...

Board footer