You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Slash & The Conspirators new album WORLD ON FIRE due 15 September 2014

-D- wrote:

I think Myles is great at doing the Izzy thing for Slash.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

Yeah, he has a unique style, unusual chord choices and complements him quite well. However, I still rank Gilby's work on Snakepit I on par with Izzy's stuff on Appetite. 5 O'Clock is a helluva guitar album, it's still in my all time top 10.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
-D- wrote:

Yeah, he has a unique style, unusual chord choices and complements him quite well. However, I still rank Gilby's work on Snakepit I on par with Izzy's stuff on Appetite. 5 O'Clock is a helluva guitar album, it's still in my all time top 10.

Yeah, it was pretty damn good, clearly because Gilby playing alongside Slash on the UYI tours, the two of them formed a pretty good chemistry

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I'd be happy to see Myles take over as second guitar; he never seems to know what to do with his hands onstage, and ends up lapsing into parodies of frontman poses. I'd be even happier if he played rhythm and left the vocals to someone else, though...

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Get In The Ring
Posted on January 17, 2014 3:05 am by Todd Kerns 7 Comments   

January 16th 2014
Los Angeles, California

So here we are. Like prize fighters training and training for the fight of our lives. Now the big fight is upon us. We are lean. We are mean and we are, most assuredly, fighting machines.

I have to admit that conceptually I felt that Apocalyptic Love would be a tough act to follow but I can say with all the confidence in the world that we are more than armed and ready. Not only do I feel that the material surpasses Apocalyptic Love I think we are ten times the band we were when that album was recorded.
The material on this album is more serious and more fun at the same time which is a tough balance indeed. The songs are sleazier, tougher and more dangerous. Exactly where I feel most comfortable. We are all very excited to unleash the monster upon you as soon as we can.

We enter the studio early February and will work through the next few months. No plans as to when anything will be finished. It’ll be done when it’s done. I know we all hope to be back out on the road sooner than later but we’ll see.
A lot of things are bizarrely familiar. Frankie, the camera guy, is there filming and snapping away at everything as of this past week just like 2 years ago during the making of Apocalyptic Love. Same as it ever was. Same as it ever was. I’m sure that footage will surface somewhere along the line.

Our work with Michael ‘Elvis’ Baskette has been a blast. He’s been a lot of fun to have around and doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty within the pre production process. All of the songs have taken on a new life under his whip. I’m enjoying every minute of this. Our engineer, Jef Moll, is a genius. This is an amazing team.

Gonna be monstrous!

more (about other topics) at
http://toddkerns.com/blog/

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Man, he sets the bar high here....  I would rather not read this, but, I am glad he is confident.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Dang, hard to believe Apocalyptic Love is almost 2 years old. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Time flies by, doesn't it? Looking forward to the new album.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah time is flying man. Im excited for the new record. Confidence can be good. I have no doubts they can't improve upon their last outing.  The chemistry of the band seems tight and they have a lot of shows under their belt.  Hope those experiences lead to some good tunes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

More songs like Halo work for me.  That guitar work on that track was really nasty and in your face.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

More songs like Halo work for me.  That guitar work on that track was really nasty and in your face.

That would work for me also. The dirter the better. Like the girl everyone knows has been through the mud but her ass is just to damn sweet not to take a taste dirty. 16

Board footer