You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Interesting poll result

tejastech08 wrote:

I have a subscription on Rivals.com to keep up with football recruiting information for the college I graduated from. They have a forum on there called "The Main Board" where fans who subscribe to all the different Rivals college sites can talk shit with each other.

A poster on there recently began a music tournament where he seeded a bunch of different acts and then asked everyone to vote on them. Currently he is in the second round of matchups.

Today he posted #16 Aerosmith vs. #44 Guns N' Roses. The results so far? GN'R leads with over 55% after 65 votes. Kind of surprised by that, but cool to see. I posted in the thread that GN'R was a better version of Aerosmith without the baggage of selling out to please the corporations and pop audiences like we've seen with Aerosmith during the 80's, 90's, and 00's.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I'm not really suprised, GNR has some of the most popular songs of all time.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Haha. The rivals main board gets nuts. I usually just stay in Auburn's board, the Bunker. Alabama is some cheating fuckers.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

What surprises me is Aerosmith rankied $16 & GnR ranked 44?   Who are the top 15/43??   Its an interesting choice, and I can see GnR taking an upset there, but I would give Aerosmith credit there that it would be an upset.  But really in addition to Aerosmiths 70s stuff Permanant Vacation was a great album & PUMP was really good too.  On longevity & bandmates overall, Aerosmith outshines them tenfold.  People just remember the hits tho, and Steven Tyler being on American Idol probably doesn't win him any fans either nowadays.  So Axls current mashup of miscreant & tossaways he's gigging with nowadays is overshadowed.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

What surprises me is Aerosmith rankied $16 & GnR ranked 44?   Who are the top 15/43??   Its an interesting choice, and I can see GnR taking an upset there, but I would give Aerosmith credit there that it would be an upset.  But really in addition to Aerosmiths 70s stuff Permanant Vacation was a great album & PUMP was really good too.  On longevity & bandmates overall, Aerosmith outshines them tenfold.  People just remember the hits tho, and Steven Tyler being on American Idol probably doesn't win him any fans either nowadays.  So Axls current mashup of miscreant & tossaways he's gigging with nowadays is overshadowed.

The guy who is running the tournament did the seeds based on what he has seen from various publications. He actually voted for GN'R. Biggest upset so far was Journey beating Bob Dylan (a travesty and embarrassing as hell for the Main Board, lol). Dylan was the #6 seed and Journey was #95. Sabbath at #9 lost to Chili Peppers at #59 (another travesty).

The guy running the tournament is predicting Zeppelin to win it all based on the types of opinions that get posted frequently on the forum. Beatles are #1 overall seed and Zeppelin is #2, but he said there are a lot more people who complain about the Beatles on the forum than Zeppelin.

Board footer