You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: HBO's True Detective

johndivney wrote:

boring bs ep again this week
terrible sex & a crummy fight. no killing or child r@ping/torture. zzzzzzzzzzz.

the scene w/the big tuttle guy was good. i thought the rev from the tents was talked about as being dead last ep..?? i was surprised to see him early in this ep.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I liked it, but agree it was filler esque. Had hoped for a bit more case development in these last two episodes. Spending large chunks of screen time on marital affairs and teenage angst is an unnecessary detour.

johndivney wrote:

ah wasn't quite filler like last wk, just not a lot for an hours investment.
slo burners r all well & good but if u rely on old tropes then the tension is replaced by familiarity & boredom settles in.
this ep as the end of act 2 had a clearing of the decks had a bit more value than last week. & maybe too much to combine the two into one ep..

still get a move on already
I'm beginning to reconcile myself that this wont be resolved completely.. if at all..

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I liked the episode. But this late in the game I wanna see more. I can see the filler type feeling.

Scenes with Cole and Tuttle and then Cole in the office with Marty and his boss were all good.

I did enjoy the Waylon song during the bar scene.

Two episodes left so hopefully they start with a bang and keep it moving towards a shocking or satisfying end.

johndivney wrote:

Townes van zandt over credits this week. Love it. Didn't think they could top 13th floor elevators but marked out when Lungs rattled in. Good ep this week.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I always thought that the guy mowing the lawn of the church in the earlier episode was going to be important.

Wonder if the writer was hinting at that when Woodys character made a fuss about Cole mowing his lawn.

johndivney wrote:

That's the problem with using recognisable actors. There's noway Remus from Boardwalk Empire was signed up for one 30second scene sitting on a lawn mower in episode3.

Edit - yea that was same ep mcc cut woodys lawn. Was defo there to parallel/hint @ lawn mower guy.

& yea woody distracting mcc & then killing ledoux initially had me suspicious of woodys involvement.
Now tho I'm convinced he's not involved in the cult but that his gothslut daughter has been exposed to it & his ex-wife &/or his ex-father-in-law are possibly involved. They prob made her watch which is exactly what the girl in the mental home says to mcc's character, about being made to watch what they did to the other kid that was w/her.

Mcc is going to die. Woodys going to learn his ex-wife/father-in-law exposed his daughter to the abuse & loads of people are going to die.

Maybe.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Spaghetti face is the man on the mower.  He looks over all the facilities they do the sick shit.  He is cutting the grass where the church once was with the black preacher and was wiped out by Katrina.  Marty wasn't distracting him earlier at the school when Rust was talking to him, he got a tip on a Ledeux contact and him and Rust went and met with Dora Lane's granddad.  I think.  Where he said Reggie's dad was a drunkard.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Great episode on Sunday, finally getting down to business. But only 1 left? That seems like a lot of threads to be resolved in 50 minutes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This show is so awesome. But no WH or MM next year. sad

Board footer