You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Fan Remixes EP (5 Songs)

Will wrote:

Saw this posted over at MSL and Mygnrforum, and really enjoyed it. Hope they don't mind me passing on the link 5

evaderGNR wrote:

I was in a bit of a rush yesterday, and didn't have time to include some very important stuff.  First, this project was an idea from a forum user called LostHighway, who is undoubtedly one of the nicest people among us.  LH had the ideas, made incredible recommendations, and also did the artwork below, which is fantastic at full size, but I felt it needed to be shrunk for this post

1.gif

LostHighway wrote:

Here is your Christmas Present ( a new Xmas EP of Remixes made by the fans - Including EvaderGNR ,Levisnuts , Shackler and Myself )

We sincerely hope you enjoy them and join us in wishing Gn'R , Team Brazil and all the fans all the best for the holidays and the New year.

God Bless wink

5 song EP

Download: www.sendspace.com/file/fwbs5p

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The Maddy/Danube mashup is nice enough, the Unforgiven fall into it nicely. Not too big a fan of IRS/Star Chasing, as I felt the mellow guitars took too much away from the vocals. Just felt a bit meh. Scraped/Dark Paradise was decent, not a big Lana Del Rey fan. Better Mean is probably the best of the bunch for me, really dug the mix, which used the CD multitracks (with bass at audible levels, for a change) and the Swift vocals brought an entirely different layer to the song itself, turning it into a deconstruction of an abusive relationship with one (Axl) feigning martyrdom and the other (Swift) giving him a rude awakening. The Moby track was a passable Prostitute remix, nothing too shabby.

Amusingly, they're still better than the 'official' remixes so far. Other than that, I feel Ax would've certainly benefited of doing a duet with a contemporary female artist. The stint with Kylie Minogue worked wonders on Nick Cave, so it's a tried and true way to expand on your target audience and put a completely different spin to it all. As such, Better ft. Taylor Swift could've done a killing as a single.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

The Maddy/Danube mashup is nice enough, the Unforgiven fall into it nicely. Not too big a fan of IRS/Star Chasing, as I felt the mellow guitars took too much away from the vocals. Just felt a bit meh. Scraped/Dark Paradise was decent, not a big Lana Del Rey fan. Better Mean is probably the best of the bunch for me, really dug the mix, which used the CD multitracks (with bass at audible levels, for a change) and the Swift vocals brought an entirely different layer to the song itself, turning it into a deconstruction of an abusive relationship with one (Axl) feigning martyrdom and the other (Swift) giving him a rude awakening. The Moby track was a passable Prostitute remix, nothing too shabby.

Amusingly, they're still better than the 'official' remixes so far. Other than that, I feel Ax would've certainly benefited of doing a duet with a contemporary female artist. The stint with Kylie Minogue worked wonders on Nick Cave, so it's a tried and true way to expand on your target audience and put a completely different spin to it all. As such, Better ft. Taylor Swift could've done a killing as a single.

Have to say both me and the missus' loved Star Chasing, personally I liked the stripped down simplicity of the track (something I missed on Chi Dem itself). I actually enjoyed every song on the EP so hope there's more to come smile

Better Gone is still my favourite remix, but the fan remixes on the EP will definitely be played a lot here 5

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

Hey Will!  Just noticed this here, and thought I'd thank both you and Apex for the kind words.  At the same time I was doing those, I was also working on a Catcher remix with Buckethead playing the lead parts.  Maybe you'll enjoy it too:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wqsols

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

evader wrote:

Hey Will!  Just noticed this here, and thought I'd thank both you and Apex for the kind words.  At the same time I was doing those, I was also working on a Catcher remix with Buckethead playing the lead parts.  Maybe you'll enjoy it too:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wqsols

Dude..I love this remix. I appreciate your work on the others especially the Silkworms and Sailing ones! Those are my favorites thus far. smile

Board footer