You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: GnR in Vegas 2014

I love Going Down! Our own "imsorry" did a killer remix that cleans up the leak's production and other parts of the song. Everything in the tune is more balanced out and brings out a great rocking tune! The song even when it was leaked is basically finished unlike some of other stuff that's out there in the GNR world.

https://soundcloud.com/gnr_remixes/guns … going-down

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I've always liked Going Down, it sounds a lot more organic than some of the CD stuff. Obviously vocals are mainly Tommy but Axl offers some nice backing melodys. The structure is similar to 14 years imo but with Tommy instead of Izzy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Like everything else, I want to hear the Bucket and Robin version...

Me_Wise_Magic

misterID wrote:

Bucket is on the song though. Ron confirmed it. Not sure about Robin.

AtariLegend wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bucket is on the song though. Ron confirmed it. Not sure about Robin.

He did?

Another 2004 or before recording? It's cool, but it is still way too ironic.

Me_Wise_Magic

Yeah I read something that when Ron got the news that the song leaked. He posted on twitter to some users that yeah Bucket plays on the track and does a few guitar bits. I think the solo towards the end is Bumblefoot with a little of Bucket doing rhythm parts. I think 4tus too. I heard nothing about DJ or Robin's playing being confirmed on it though. Either one of them could be on it. That song like the other CD sessions was probably tinkered and worked on over a bunch of times. Seems like before 2004; but it could of been worked on more during the 2006-07 or later on stages. Don't quote me on it. I just got what I could from some of those articles and Ron's twitter rant.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I mean, I want to hear the Bucket/Robin part that Bumble played over.

Me_Wise_Magic

misterID wrote:

I mean, I want to hear the Bucket/Robin part that Bumble played over.

I think with "imsorry" 's cleaner remix on his soundcloud page, you can hear the different guitar solos and playing better. I can tell certain guys apart especially Bucket. I have a strong feeling I heard Robin towards the beginning. Particularly I was able to hear Axl's backing vocals, Tommy's lyrics, the drums, and guitar parts louder and more in tune.

JimBob
 Rep: 1 

JimBob wrote:
faldor wrote:

I shared "Going Down" with a few friends and didn't get a very favorable response, mainly because of Tommy on lead vocals. A "new" GNR song, you really want to hear Axl prominently.

With that said, Axl can be heard pretty clearly, but certainly in a supporting role. And I have warmed up to the song itself with repeated listens. Not sure if Axl would join in for a live version of the song.

http://vimeo.com/m/72864173

Thanks, this is the first I've heard of this, but again been way out of the loop.

Different than anything GnR has done in the past for sure.     But not uncommon for someone else to take lead vocals, its happened a lot on the UYI albums and Spaghetti Incident.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

First night kicks off today. Hoping it is at least a different show from the last vegas stint.

Board footer