You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: 11-21-2012 The Joint, Las Vegas (Being filmed in 3D)

polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Nothing's more phony than blackmailing the others to get the band name then leave the band and start another with the same name.

BTW Axl has never been "upfront" in his interviews (except his crazy name callings), he's always trying to say a lot without saying anything. Cause reality is his biggest enemy. Truth is the truth hurts.

He gave them a contract, stating the rights to the band would go to him. That can be called a lot of things, but certainly not phony. The contents were there for all to see.

Axl has always been a direct person. If he doesn't like something he won't hesitate to say it. He's not the kind of guy to go around pretending everything is ok then secretly bad mouth people behind their backs. Being extremely subjective and to the point of delusional in his assessment of events is not a great trait, but it's far from being phony. It's generally pretty rare for rock stars to not have a big ego. Admitting his own faults and seeing his own part in what transpired is a problem for Axl, not the truth. He's not a liar. If you treat him right he will not attack you or betray you, he just wants his business to be his business, however impractical that may be in his line of work.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Nothing's more phony than blackmailing the others to get the band name then leave the band and start another with the same name.

BTW Axl has never been "upfront" in his interviews (except his crazy name callings), he's always trying to say a lot without saying anything. Cause reality is his biggest enemy. Truth is the truth hurts.

He gave them a contract, stating the rights to the band would go to him. That can be called a lot of things, but certainly not phony. The contents were there for all to see.

Axl has always been a direct person. If he doesn't like something he won't hesitate to say it. He's not the kind of guy to go around pretending everything is ok then secretly bad mouth people behind their backs. Being extremely subjective and to the point of delusional in his assessment of events is not a great trait, but it's far from being phony. It's generally pretty rare for rock stars to not have a big ego. Admitting his own faults and seeing his own part in what transpired is a problem for Axl, not the truth. He's not a liar. If you treat him right he will not attack you or betray you, he just wants his business to be his business, however impractical that may be in his line of work.

Yeah, he's phony, cause he is always name calling Slash N' the others, yet never gives a straight answer or any details. He's always shady and wants fans to believe in his truth (aka te Only Truth) without any evidence or detail. Axl Rose is the biggest manipulator in the history of rock and roll, and a proven thief.  What he's done to get the name and total control of the other band with the same name is one of the nastiest thing ever done in rock and roll. I agree that he's delusional as a lunatic, but other times it's clear he's lying to hide the truth and to mislead fans. Just because he's crazy enough to attack anyone physically doesn't make him upfront. As soon as he talks, he's a double talkin' jive motherfucker.

Note: I'm not saying that Slash would be upfront or he wouldn't want to look much better/cooler in the media than what he actually is. But portraying Axl as his opposite is ridiculous.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Just saw Elton John. At 66 he put on an amazing show. His voice was great. He is 15 years older than Axl and should be an inspiration to Axl.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
otto wrote:

Blu-Ray Concert release and theater screenings cancelled due to Slash, at the 11th hour, demanding more money to release the rights.

Allegedly it was all set and done.

It's either one of two cases: team Brazil jumped the gun and filmed the whole thing to release, given RockFuel a green light when there was none

OR

team Brazil had everything sorted out as they should and Slash changed minds.

It's said that Duff has agreed with the release.

The source.

HTGTH wrote:

From estrangedgrrl at GNR.com

According to this article in Danish music magazine Gaffa Slash has threatened so sue so the concert has been cancelled
http://gaffa.dk/nyhed/81946

Google translate:
Had you been excited to sit in a cinema with 3D glasses to see Guns N 'Roses up close, so there is really bad news. Concert film "Appetite for Democracy," which originally premiered on 7 April and filmed in 2012, has just been canceled throughout the world because of a rights dispute between those who own the tracks and those who own the film. That's according to information GAFFA former lead guitarist Slash, who do not want the songs he helped to write, appear in the film, which means much of the content, and he's threatening legal action if the film is shown. Thus, the three perceptions in Aalborg, Aarhus and Copenhagen canceled.

Are you one of those who have already purchased tickets for the film, you should contact your provider that you have bought the ticket of. Tickets purchased over the Internet will be automatically refunded.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Just saw Elton John. At 66 he put on an amazing show. His voice was great. He is 15 years older than Axl and should be an inspiration to Axl.

Elton started singing at a much lower register and is now a baritone when he lost a lot of his range, something Axl really can't do.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

There's a contract for everybody.

The key to Axl's personality, reckons Izzy, still lies back in Lafayette. "In high school, you know, Axl, he had long, red hair, he was a little guy and he got a lot of shit [because of it]. I think he never got laid, too, in school. I hate to bring this up cos this is getting nasty," he laughs. "But he never got no pussy at school, Axl.

..."I thought, well, here's a guy who's completely crazy, he'd be a fucking great singer. We had to coax him a bit [and] it didn't go so well in the early days. Sometimes he would just come over and stand around, like he was embarrassed. Or he'd start to sing and then he'd just leave. Walk out and I wouldn't see him again for like three days! Some things didn't change, huh?" he adds with a rueful smile.

"So now the guy's a big fucking rock star, he's got the chicks lined up, he's got money and he's got people... and the power went to this guy's head. I mean, he was a fucking monster! Nuts! Crazy! And I never saw it coming. I mean, this is my side of it, he'd probably say I'm completely fucking crazy, but I think he went power mad. Suddenly he was trying to control everything. Did you ever see those fucked up contracts for the journalists to sign?" he asks, referring to notorious 'consent forms' that Axl foolishly tried to foist on the media in 1991.

"The control issue just became worse and worse and eventually it filtered down to the band. He was trying to draw up contracts for everybody! And this guy, he's not a Harvard graduate, Axl. He's just a guy, just a little guy, who sings, is talented. But man, he turned into this fucking maniac. And I did, too, but it was a different kind of maniac. I was paranoid about the business aspect - I was the one freaking out going, 'Where's all the money?'"

..."The shows were completely erratic. I never knew whether we'd be able to finish the show from day-to-day, cos [Axl] would walk off..."

- Classic Rock, 2001

As for the other side:

We'd started out as a garage band and it became like a huge band, which was fine. But everything was so magnified... Drug addictions, personalities... it just became... too much. Plus, my friends, these guys... I'm basically watching them kill themselves. Not so much Axl, but Slash and Duff, man - these guys were on my top ten list of guys that might die this week. And I'm thinking, you know what, I just don't want to be part of it. It didn't feel like it was good."

...They say that in the country of the blind the one-eyed man is king, but for Izzy, returning to the road with Guns N' Roses, in 1991, was "a nightmare." Axl's 'mood swings' had become so regular. "I said to Duff and Slash, we gotta learn a cover song or something, for when [Axl} leaves the stage. They were like, 'Ah, let's have another beer...' They didn't care."

...These were his final shows with Guns N' Roses. He left without saying goodbye. "I didn't actually say 'see you' cos they were all fucked up. They didn't even recognize me. It was really bizarre. It was like playing with zombies. Ah man, it was just horrible. Nobody was laughing anymore..."

It was definitely a power struggle, or rather, Axl's personal struggle to maintain power. Slash wasn't challenging him at all, he was simply dozing off on substances.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Izzy was just as fucked up and impossible to deal with. But that article is pretty revealing in this aspect: Axl had problems; he was alone for a lot of his life and is clear he wanted a family (look at the women issues) and once they got famous Slash and Duff pretty much drifted away in their drug haze, Izzy abandoned him, his wife divorced and sued him, on top of all the problems fame was causing him (paranoia) and instantly having to be the grown up of the group, learning business, dealing with lawyers, contracts... this one point in time he needed someone, but no one was there...which no doubt explains Beta.

It's no surprise he hasn't got a family of his own; wife and kids, imo.  Beta might just be the biggest inabler in the history of human kind, for "whatever" reason.

apex-twin

apex-twin wrote:

For some reason, this Izzy quote cracked me up.

A hypothetical question then: Axl's [solo] album flops, and he offers you all the chance to get back together - just like Aerosmith and Sabbath - would you do it? I mean, assuming Axl would be... "broke?" he cuts in, laughing. "I could hear the call." Goes into gruff Axl impersonation: "'You know, I've been, ah, thinking'. He talks really slow when he gets an idea like that. 'Aahhh, I've been thinking...' And I'd be thinking, 'He must be broke'," he chuckles. "That's how I imagine the call would go."

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wonder if Slash had an issue with some of the recent marketing. I think there is some agreement about having a clear distinction between the old and the new band. Remember the 2006 tour merchandise had a mix of the old bands pistol logo with the old font on top of the new GNR star logo? Axl said in the chats that Duff and Slash sued because of that and he blamed Merck for putting it all together.

Some of the marketing in the last couple of years has seemed like it has been trying to pass off the current band as the band that wrote the hits, sold 100 million records, and were inducted into the rock n roll hall of fame. I know a rankled a lot of fans, maybe Slash felt the same.

Or maybe he was pissed off that Axl was publicly sinking the boot into his friend Flea, and even labeled the latest Vegas residency at Flea's expense.  No Trickery!

Or maybe its became clear to him that Axl has no intention of creating his own body of work and carving out an original identity for his all new Guns N'Roses and is just going to milk the old bands legacy for all its worth.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Axl's GN'R is a fraud. It pretends to be the old band, but it isn't. It pretends to be something new, but it isn't. It's a cash cow for a burnt-out middle-aged man who's too crazy to do anything new, yet not crazy enough not to do this worthless tribute shit.

Board footer