You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Lesnar beat Taker...

Please tell me you are lying.

No I'm not. It actually fucking happened.

It wasn't that great of match and was slower than the norm. I guess age and injuries finally caught up with him.

They gave him the big long walk and genuine standing applause they gave Shawn Michaels when he retired. I don't know if that was his last match, but it looked like it.

AtariLegend wrote:

What a fucking legend anyway, old school to the end.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It has to be his last one. Undertaker is exactly what you said. Old school.  He will go out on his back. I always thought so but did think it would be to a better opponent.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I've heard Taker wanted the Streak to end for a couple years now. I can't believe it was to Lesnar, though. I thought they hated each other.

AtariLegend wrote:

Some still think they'll do Sting and Cena at 31, 32 without the streak.

I don't see it, physically Taker looks like he's out of gas. Literally the most shocking wrestling related thing since the Benoit murders.

No one seen this coming and the crowd didn't count the near falls. The streak was predictable, but the matches were amazing.

AtariLegend wrote:

Before the biggest Raw of the year starts.

Last night I think in retrospect was probably the most memorable Wrestlemania I remember since 2003, maybe even 2001.

Cesaro was made into a star and was well over. He body slammed Big Show over the top rope and held up the giant Andre Trophy at the end.

Triple H had an awesome entrance and his match against Bryan was pretty good. Bryan made Batista tap out in the main event and overcame steel chairs/sledgehammer, crooked referee, Orton, Batista, Stephanie and Triple H. That was an epic story.

Austin/Rock and Hogan opened the show too, it was cool.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

RAW was pretty good. In no particular order on the cool moments:

Bray Wyatt being way over - Cena continuing to get booed never gets old. The crowd was funny. They booed every single move he pulled off.

The fan sign:  "Did HHH book this crap?"

Paul Heyman's streak ending promo. Classic stuff.

AJ Lee calling herself the "Best Diva In The world" and getting a monster CM Punk chant.

The Ultimate Warrior getting through his promo in under 30 minutes, not rambling and not having a heart attack... I thought he might after trying to shake the ropes... and getting in the ring.

Ceasaro becoming a Heyman guy. And Cesaro's awesome suplex off the turnbuckle. But seriously, someone is going to get seriously hurt eventually with these power moves.

And really, I didn't really care about the Shield face turn. I did like the return of Evolution.

Pretty good.

AtariLegend wrote:

It all makes sense now...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

RIP Ultimate Warrior

AtariLegend wrote:

WWE News: Ultimate Warrior dead at age 54
2014-04-08 23:00:40

WWE is reporting that Ultimate Warrior (born Jim Hellwig) died at age 54. "WWE is shocked and deeply saddened to learn of the passing of one of the most iconic WWE Superstars ever, The Ultimate Warrior," reads the statement. "Warrior began his WWE career in 1987 and quickly went on to become one of the biggest stars in WWE history.

"Warrior became WWE Champion at WrestleMania VI, defeating Hulk Hogan in an epic encounter. We are grateful that just days ago, Warrior had the opportunity to take his rightful place in the WWE Hall of Fame and was also able to appear at WrestleMania 30 and Monday Night Raw to address his legions of fans. WWE sends its sincere condolences to Warrior's family, friends and fans. Warrior was 54 and is survived by his wife Dana and his two daughters." Read the official statement at WWE.com.

Source: http://prowrestling.net/article.php?WWE … e-54-36551

Board footer