You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Oscar Pistorius and Beyond...

Olorin wrote:

Ok so who has been watching? For me it is deeply uncomfortable, not because of the grisly details, not because of the victim's mother and family staring a hole in the accused while the detail of that night unfurls before them, not because I fancy the fuck out of Oscars sister, wow what a bit of stuff!!

No I am morbidly fascinated by  Oscar Pistorious's clumsy attempts to paint a picture of what happened that night. I dunno what advice he has been given but his deny everything approach is excruciatingly painfull to watch and doing him no favours.

I actually change the channel rather than watch him spin on the spot... but in his defense the fact I can watch the trial is so fucked up. I have rarely felt so uncomfortable watching tv as I have watching this and I cant help but think why? Why am I entitled to see this? I dont think I should be, I think he should be able have his trial with the amount of privacy and sensitivity that any one of us would expect.

But fuck me, the more this guy talks the more he buries himself. Its deeply uncomfortable, and painful to watch.

Thats just my opinion...

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't know all the details and I'm sure most will disagree with me, but every time Sky has broadcast public coverage of a celebrity or high profile crime, the defendant is always made to look guilty. Honestly these trials most of the times, the verdict is already pre-determined and even if the defendant has a leg to stand on, your not going to hear about.

Now for something else people will disagree with. The only time a public trial like that ended that I actually was convinced the accused was less likely to be guilty was the Michael Jackson case several years ago. Sure he had crazy fans and the media/everyone assumed he was guilty, but I just thought evidence/witness that stood against him was presented in a witch hunt like fashion. There may have been something to it, but I wouldn't have voted guilty if on that jury.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I worked with a South African native last year and he was pretty adamant that the white establishment would never allow a white icon to go down like that. he suggested that even from the initial media reports everything was done to try contaminate a fair trial so Oscar can get off with the most leniate sentence possible due to police incompetency.

It rings true with me as I just cant see any other way out for him. He is guilty, but is he lying guilty, or truthful guilty... what a mess. He should just shut up and but he has to keep digging a hole to make himself look innocent, surely that will burn him?

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I don't know all the details and I'm sure most will disagree with me, but every time Sky has broadcast public coverage of a celebrity or high profile crime, the defendant is always made to look guilty. Honestly these trials most of the times, the verdict is already pre-determined and even if the defendant has a leg to stand on, your not going to hear about.

Now for something else people will disagree with. The only time a public trial like that ended that I actually was convinced the accused was less likely to be guilty was the Michael Jackson case several years ago. Sure he had crazy fans and the media/everyone assumed he was guilty, but I just thought evidence/witness that stood against him was presented in a witch hunt like fashion. There may have been something to it, but I wouldn't have voted guilty if on that jury.

Its live as can be, a 30 second delay is all that seperates the world from the hearing. There is nowhere to hide, its no exaggeration, its difficult to watch. Not because of brain tissue flapping in the breeze type evidence, but listening to a man trying to put his own spin on those facts and improvising on the spot but forgetting the lies he has told previously.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I cant help but think of Oscars current defense tactics like this...

"your name is oscar pistorius?"

"I dont remember."

"Your name is oscar Pistorios inst it?"

"I'm not sure M'lady"

"Your parents called you Oscar?"

"Thats correct M'Lady"

"Oscar Pistoriosis your full name infact?"

"Correct M'Lady"

So Your name is Oscar Pistorious????"

"I dont remember M'Lady"

"it isnt oscar?"

"I'm not sure M'lady..."

Fuck me!!

I know this is bad taste but this is how see Oscars defence....

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I've seen the case posted on the news as well. I believe Oscar is experiencing sociopathic behaviors to an extreme level. I feel bad for the victim's family and the guy is paranoid if needs to sleep with the gun by his side.

By the way that is from one of my favorite Spongebob episodes!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

His story just doesn't ring true with how a person would react in those circumstances. His version of events just defy logical behaviour. I think he is genuinely sorry for what he did now in the cold light of day, I don't think the tears are an act but I do think he murdered her deliberately in the moment.

johndivney wrote:

No pics of his sister?! Wth??

Thread fail!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The sister is hot too?

Board footer