You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Lumosity

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone else do it?  I signed up a few weeks ago and so far, I do like it.  I was talking with an old friend from HS who's a mechanic now.  Let's just say at times his memory can be a little shot now & then.  Anyway, he put it pretty well, he's been using it lately too & said that "I'm sure that stuffs gotta work.  It seems fun to you & I, like just games but these guys (developers) probably know what they're doing."

Not sure if it's viewed as a cult like thing or what, but it's just simple little near kids games you play every day, that kinda tinkers with your brain & memory.  Seems useless but on a subliminal level I feel it probably works.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I was actually curious about this dude. Still using it? Due to my love affair with mary jane I need a little short term memory work. I will give it a shot.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I really like it, definitely works in the short term period ALOT.  The first month I def saw good results, and it's fun.  I've been on it about 3 months now, and while I still do it 3-4 days a week (sometimes 6 if I'm good with it), sometimes its a bit forcing myself.  Still tho, all the studies show this stuff works, and these are Stanford brain research dudes working on it, so while it just seems like games for 4th graders, I'm sure it really pushes the brain into using sensations we probably don't use on a day to day basis.

Yeah, I still do it, its like gyms, you get out of it what you put into it.  When you sign up its like $20/month but then they offered me something like $40/year so I went with that.  Can't argue that logic?! Try some Ginko Biloba pills too BLS, that's supposed to work well with memory.  I hear ya on the mind being spent from the good ole days:)  Good times tho, good times!

jorgea
 Rep: 0 

jorgea wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Anyone else do it?  I signed up a few weeks ago and so far, I do like it.  I was talking with an old friend from HS who's a mechanic now.  Let's just say at times his memory can be a little shot now & then.  Anyway, he put it pretty well, he's been using it lately too & said that "I'm sure that stuffs gotta work.  It seems fun to you & I, like just games but these guys (developers) probably know what they're doing."

Not sure if it's viewed as a cult like thing or what, but it's just simple little near kids games you play every day, that kinda tinkers with your brain & memory.  Seems useless but on a subliminal level I feel it probably works.

This sounds promising.

Board footer